NotPony

Default Anybody going?

US Sailing's National Sailing Program Symposium is
in Miami this year. Anybody else going? If
you're involved in any kind of instructional
sailing program, you should be there.
Bart? Jon?
S.

JG

I'll be in the area, but on vacation. I believe one of our instructors is
going to be there, however. Since we're a small non-profit, we can't afford
to pay for anyone.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"NotPony" wrote in message
newsldCd.23511$L7.12331@trnddc05...
US Sailing's National Sailing Program Symposium is
in Miami this year. Anybody else going? If
you're involved in any kind of instructional
sailing program, you should be there.
Bart? Jon?
S.

NotPony

I'll be there as part of my vacation. I believe
it's worth the investment of both time and money.
Where else can you get 200 sailing program
directors, instructors and coaches together to
talk about sailing?
Did you send anyone last year? It was in your
backyard.
S.

"JG" wrote in message
: I'll be in the area, but on vacation. I believe
one of our instructors is
: going to be there, however. Since we're a small
non-profit, we can't afford
: to pay for anyone.
:
: --
: "j" ganz @@
: www.sailnow.com
:
: "NotPony" wrote in message
: newsldCd.23511$L7.12331@trnddc05...
: US Sailing's National Sailing Program
Symposium is
: in Miami this year. Anybody else going? If
: you're involved in any kind of instructional
: sailing program, you should be there.
: Bart? Jon?
: S.
:
:
:

JG

Our program director. He brought back lots of good information.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

: "NotPony" wrote in message
: newsldCd.23511$L7.12331@trnddc05...
: US Sailing's National Sailing Program
Symposium is
: in Miami this year. Anybody else going? If
: you're involved in any kind of instructional
: sailing program, you should be there.
: Bart? Jon?
: S.
:
:
:

DSK

NotPony wrote:
I'll be there as part of my vacation.

Dang, you're lucky!

... I believe
it's worth the investment of both time and money.
Where else can you get 200 sailing program
directors, instructors and coaches together to
talk about sailing?

Don't know, how would you sort out all the potential info available? A
full time job by itself.

Wish I was there though.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

NotPony

"DSK" wrote in message
: NotPony wrote:
: I'll be there as part of my vacation.
:
: Dang, you're lucky!

How do you figure? It's a choice.
:
: ... I believe
: it's worth the investment of both time and
money.
: Where else can you get 200 sailing program
: directors, instructors and coaches together to
: talk about sailing?
:
: Don't know, how would you sort out all the
potential info available? A
: full time job by itself.

It's a challenge. A big key is networking.
With 4 or 5 sessions going at once you do miss out
on a lot. At least two of us generally go, the
chairman of the board and myself.

S.

:
: Wish I was there though.
:
: Fresh Breezes- Doug King
:

DSK

: Dang, you're lucky!

NotPony wrote:
How do you figure? It's a choice.

You're right.

I could choose to go, and give up a lot of other things that have prior
claims. My life has trended away from this kind of thing, I need to push
back harder!

: ... how would you sort out all the
potential info available? A
: full time job by itself.

It's a challenge. A big key is networking.
With 4 or 5 sessions going at once you do miss out
on a lot. At least two of us generally go, the
chairman of the board and myself.

Sounds like a good approach. How do you prioritize which sessions to
attend? Are you giving a presentation? Seems to me that your program is
one of the more successful!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Scott Vernon

"NotPony" wrote in message