John Cairns

Default Small Craft Sailing Across the Atlantic

"Shelman" wrote in message
I would like to sail my Nordica 16 across the Atlantic from Canada to
Europe. I have a GPS...can you think of anything else I will need (aside
from the obvious food and clothing).

Yeah, a competency exam. You can do the math easily enough, nm distance
divided by boat speed.

http://pollux.nss.nima.mil/pubs/pubs...ptid=5&rid=189

John Cairns

How long do you think it will take me? (So I will know how much food to
bring.)

Thanks
Shel

Aniculapeter

Shelman wrote:
I would like to sail my Nordica 16 across the Atlantic....

You should at least make the cockpit self draining !
And probably get some more experience.
And study the pilotcharts.

Even then it would be risky business.

Have you ever sailed the Nordica 16 in 30 m/s ? If not, you should try it
before you leave. Start gradualy: 15 m/s then 18, 23 and 25 if you think it
is safe.

Peter S/Y Anicula

John Cairns skrev i en
s.prodigy.com...