Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

"Overproof" wrote in message

Excuse me young lady... but don't you have some dusting to do.... men

are
talking here... about alcohol.

Hardly a subject matter meant for your gender.....

Dusting? What's that?

Def.: a description of what I'll do to CM if he ever accepts my challenge
to a contest of alcohol imbibition.

Then he, too, can learn all about dusting furniture, along with the other
girlie-men.

Max

Overproof

"Maxprop" wrote in message
Balderdash, you Belgian Cannuck. It must be all that dry, cold air up
there
giving you the misimpression that you have a tolerance for ethanol.

I'm basing my assumption on a lenghty study of Yankee drinking habits and
tolerances.

Balderdash....

Hey, that's my word, you plagiarist . . .

The hell you say.... I saw no copyright on it.

I prefer the taste of gasoline, kerosene, and whale vomit to Bacardi. No
sane rum drinker would be otherwise.

On this we concur

I've not tried Lamb's, but I have drunk Lemonhart, which is purported to
be
a better English rum of higher alcohol content.

Ah Hah!.... you dare question a rum you have not yet sampled!!! Heretic!
Lemonhart is not even in the same league as Lambs.... Lemonhart is a far
inferior rum.

A rite of passage in my
fraternity was for one's brothers to buy straight shots of 151 proof
Lemonhart rum upon one's 21st birthday, either until the birthday idiot
passed out or cried "uncle." I drank 25 shots before ending up face down
on
the floor, after which they took me to the local horsepistol and had my
stomach pumped, which was entirely unnecessary as it seemed to be purging
itself quite nicely in the car. I still haven't forgiven the *******s for
using MY car.

I was 15 shots neat into my bottle of Lambs while replying to your posts....

None of the above. Today, a mature man of . . . well, never mind . . .
I'm
fully capable of imbibing mass quantities of ethanol-bearing fluids with
relative impunity. Provided I drink straight liquor and eschew mixers,
especially those of a sugary nature, I can absorb a surprising quantity of
said fluids and still maintain a modicum of alertness and coherency.
Interspersed with a small amount of food, I can drink all night and still
sing the Notre Dame fight song verbatim 'til the cows come home. And some
of those cows are damn big.

I'm going to be 50 in August 2005... I think like an 18 year old, act like a
30 year old and drink like a 70 year old.

Tsk, tsk. Methinks we have a genderophobe in our midsts. I know women
who
can drink you under the proverbial table, you lambic-loving supra-Yooper.

No phobias .... just an acute comprehension of the guiding regulations
involving the genders.

. . . who, normally void of reasonability and rationality, had the
decidedly uncharacteristic good sense to distill their national spirits at
the proper alcoholic content.

The heck you say.... the lot of them are limp wristed winos!

Call it what you will, but we routinely eat Canadians for lunch in that
there fenced-in mudhole.

Delusions of adequacy on your part... that's my diaganosis !!

Boy is Katy gonna open up a can of Whoop-Ass on you, boy.

She's not Da Boss'O'Me!..... I ain't Askeered'O'Her!

AHA!!! The truth emerges. The Cappy is a weenie who "drinks less" or
even--omigod, perish the thought--MIXES (forgive me, O' sainted
distill-masters of the Caribbean) rum with God knows what. The thought
brings bile to my tongue and a tightness to my chest.

Well you're a Yank... it's just natural to assume you couldn't tolerate the
stuff neat.

That wasn't my hanky, you Athabascan oil slick. That was the gauntlet,
and
I've thrown it down in challenge to you for a shot-for-shot contest of
wills
and stomachs. First to puke or pass out loses, and must certainly be
labeled a "girlie-man" for the remainder of his days. How do you look in
dress, CM?

I look as good in dress as a pair of jeans..... I spent time in Samoa! I'll
see if I can post a picture of me in a "skirt" for you.
That gauntlet was awfully lacy, delicate for a man to be waving it around.
Shot for Shot.... no sweat... I'll supply the tacks for the floor. :-D

CM

Scott Vernon

"Overpoof" wrote ...

I prefer the taste of gasoline, kerosene, and whale vomit , thus I

drink Lambs .

Lemonhart is not even in the same league as Lambs.... Lemonhart is

rum. Lambs is a paint thinner.

I'm going to be 50 in August 2005... I think like an 8 year old, act

like a
3 year old and have the liver of a 70 year old.

I look as good in dress as a pair of jeans..... I spent time in

SanFran
I'll see if I can post a picture of me in a "skirt" for you.

Moron

Joe

Maxprop wrote:
Only the Brits, for some arcane reason, choose to distill such
high alcohol content rums, but at a price: flavor. They simply

don't taste
anywhere near as good as lower proof rums.

Max, IIRC all rum and burbon is distilled to almost pure alcohol.

Once it is put in charred oak casks to age a percentage of the alcohol
evaporates( the Angles share). This also make it smoother and it picks
up flavor from the barrels.

The carmelation between the charred barrels and the wood gives it it's
color. Most fine rums and burbons are aged at least 5 years in oak.
Joe

Maxprop

"Overproof" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message
Balderdash, you Belgian Cannuck. It must be all that dry, cold air up
there
giving you the misimpression that you have a tolerance for ethanol.

I'm basing my assumption on a lenghty study of Yankee drinking habits and
tolerances.

Did you perform said study in either Boston or San Francisco? Seriously
flawed, that study. Seriously . . .

Hey, that's my word, you plagiarist . . .

The hell you say.... I saw no copyright on it.

Well, okay, you can use it, but please limit your usage of it to once or
perhaps twice per annum, then kyew.

I've not tried Lamb's, but I have drunk Lemonhart, which is purported to
be
a better English rum of higher alcohol content.

Ah Hah!.... you dare question a rum you have not yet sampled!!! Heretic!
Lemonhart is not even in the same league as Lambs.... Lemonhart is a far
inferior rum.

Hmmm. We shall see. My local shop has a bottle--I called them yesterday to
ascertain that fact--and they are reserving it for me. I guess if it
tastes a lot like turpentine, I can always use it to clean up my lacquer
brushes.

I was 15 shots neat into my bottle of Lambs while replying to your

posts....

Your liver thanks you.

I'm going to be 50 in August 2005... I think like an 18 year old, act like

30 year old and drink like a 70 year old.

None of the septugenarians I know drink much of anything beyond electrolyte
supplements. Oh, and barium, on the occasions of their annual upper GI
series.

No phobias .... just an acute comprehension of the guiding regulations
involving the genders.

Only in Canada. Down here we have no such guiding regulations--just women
hockey players from MN with more hair on their chests than Canadian men.
And wow can they bite.

The heck you say.... the lot of them are limp wristed winos!

Okay, I'll agree to bash the Frogs wid ya.

Call it what you will, but we routinely eat Canadians for lunch in that
there fenced-in mudhole.

Delusions of adequacy on your part... that's my diaganosis !!

Stick to draglining oil sands up north, Cappy. Your differential diagnostic
skills curve has flattened and begun to head south.

She's not Da Boss'O'Me!..... I ain't Askeered'O'Her!

She ain't askeered o' you or yo mamma, either.

AHA!!! The truth emerges. The Cappy is a weenie who "drinks less" or
even--omigod, perish the thought--MIXES (forgive me, O' sainted
distill-masters of the Caribbean) rum with God knows what. The thought
brings bile to my tongue and a tightness to my chest.

Well you're a Yank... it's just natural to assume you couldn't tolerate

the
stuff neat.

Ibid: your diagnostic "skills." When you *assume* you make an *ass* outta
*u*, if not *me.* We Merkans like our women and our liquor straight.

That wasn't my hanky, you Athabascan oil slick. That was the gauntlet,
and
I've thrown it down in challenge to you for a shot-for-shot contest of
wills
and stomachs. First to puke or pass out loses, and must certainly be
labeled a "girlie-man" for the remainder of his days. How do you look

in
dress, CM?

I look as good in dress as a pair of jeans..... I spent time in Samoa!

I'll
see if I can post a picture of me in a "skirt" for you.

Oh. My. God.

Um, belay that urge to post that photo, will ya.

That gauntlet was awfully lacy, delicate for a man to be waving it around.
Shot for Shot.... no sweat... I'll supply the tacks for the floor. :-D

Tacks?? Pshaw. We'll drink standing in a small circle surrounded by a 6'
ring of glowing coals, no shoes. Here's to ya, ya Rocky Mountain oyster.
:-)

Max

Overproof

"Maxprop" wrote in message

Did you perform said study in either Boston or San Francisco? Seriously
flawed, that study. Seriously . . .

Seriously??.... North Dakota, Montana, Seattle, Oregon, California,
Arizona, New Mexico, Texas (Real wimps there), Louisiana, Alambama, Florida,
South & North Carolina, Washington, New York, Massachusetts, Maine.... and
yes the wimps in Boston. My wife at the time out drank any Cracker or Yankee
we partied with. Truley a pathetic show of the consumption abilities of the
USA in general. We were at a place in Huston... having a pizza and some
beer with these bikers we met..... come the 7th Jug of brew and 2 of them
were face down on the table. Neither of us had more than a slight buzz. We
had to help carry them out to the cab and got to drive their bikes to the
hotel.

Well, okay, you can use it, but please limit your usage of it to once or
perhaps twice per annum, then kyew.

That's once this year....

Hmmm. We shall see. My local shop has a bottle--I called them yesterday
ascertain that fact--and they are reserving it for me. I guess if it
tastes a lot like turpentine, I can always use it to clean up my lacquer
brushes.

Now see... that's just plain bad attitude. I recommend a fine rum you have
yet to sample.... and already you're all negative about it. If I didn't know
any better .... I'd say you are setting up an alibi in case it's too potent
for your delicate palate.

Your liver thanks you.

My liver just does it's job without any whining.... it's a Belgian
Liver.... not some lily livered Yankee organ.

None of the septugenarians I know drink much of anything beyond
electrolyte
supplements. Oh, and barium, on the occasions of their annual upper GI
series.

You'd best take a trip up here..... I'll intro you to a few seniors that
can drink the young'ens under the table.

Only in Canada. Down here we have no such guiding regulations--just women
hockey players from MN with more hair on their chests than Canadian men.
And wow can they bite.

.... but can they drink?

Okay, I'll agree to bash the Frogs wid ya.

Oh Good!

Stick to draglining oil sands up north, Cappy. Your differential
diagnostic
skills curve has flattened and begun to head south.

My diagnostic skills are just fine ..... you deal with a product known for
premature failure [ Americans trying to hold their liquor] for an extended
period.... it's plain logic to expect failure from this product.... despite
the advertisement to the contrary provided by the company.

She ain't askeered o' you or yo mamma, either.

Everyone is skeered o' my Mom.... even the RCMP call her "Anny Get Your
Gun"

Ibid: your diagnostic "skills." When you *assume* you make an *ass*
outta
*u*, if not *me.* We Merkans like our women and our liquor straight.

Assumptions based on logical deductions are calculated risks..... much like
your assumptions the your liquor has more than a modicum of alcohol and your
women an interest in anything but a cheap drunken backseat romp... with
someone not of their gender.

Oh. My. God.

Um, belay that urge to post that photo, will ya.

Too "Manly" a sight for you Max???

Tacks?? Pshaw. We'll drink standing in a small circle surrounded by a 6'
ring of glowing coals, no shoes. Here's to ya, ya Rocky Mountain oyster.

Oky Dokey..... a caveat... the small inner circle must be ICE!! :-D

Don't worry Max.... I'll drag you out of the embers....

CM

Joe

Well I put it on my Christmas list. I hear it works better than vicks
vapor rub if you smeer it on your chest, just dont smoke while doing
it.

If you want to try a most excellent rum that will put your lambs to
shame try British Royal Navy Imperial Rum.

It's only 108.6 proof but you will never go back.

PS: you need to stop hanging out with gay snowbird bikers visiting
Houston. Any real Texan can drink you snowbirds under the table.

If you ever get down this way again I will introduce you to a real
liquor. A Tequila called 1800 A=F1ejohe. Made from 100% Blue Agave, and
dont worry, it's has no worm in the bottle to scare you off.

Joe

Joe

Overproof

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well I put it on my Christmas list. I hear it works better than vicks

vapor rub if you smeer it on your chest, just dont smoke while doing
it.

Never thought of that... just a sniff from the bottle will raise the hackles
and cure terminal cancer.

If you want to try a most excellent rum that will put your lambs to

shame try British Royal Navy Imperial Rum.

I'll give it a try.... as soon as I find some. The annual Rum Festival is
scheduled for February.

It's only 108.6 proof but you will never go back.

I really do like the taste of Lamb's 151.... I'll let you kow if I get hold
of a bottle of BRNIR

PS: you need to stop hanging out with gay snowbird bikers visiting

Houston. Any real Texan can drink you snowbirds under the table.

These bikers were from Dallas.... is that like the 'San Francisco' of
Texas??

If you ever get down this way again I will introduce you to a real

liquor. A Tequila called 1800 Añejohe. Made from 100% Blue Agave, and
dont worry, it's has no worm in the bottle to scare you off.

I don't much care if a bottle has an insect in it... as long as it tastes
good.

CM

Maxprop

"Overproof" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message

[...]

That's what you get for hanging with bikers, the wimps. The real men down
here don't have to wear leather and H-D logos to convince themselves they're
manly men.

Hmmm. We shall see. My local shop has a bottle--I called them

yesterday
ascertain that fact--and they are reserving it for me. I guess if it
tastes a lot like turpentine, I can always use it to clean up my lacquer
brushes.

Now see... that's just plain bad attitude. I recommend a fine rum you

have
yet to sample.... and already you're all negative about it. If I didn't

know
any better .... I'd say you are setting up an alibi in case it's too

potent
for your delicate palate.

G I've been known to drink slivovitz and aquavit, and you're worried
about my palate . . . Yes, my attitude it poor on the subject, but I've
just never found high-proof liquors to be worth much beyond a quick and
sustaining drunk.

Your liver thanks you.

My liver just does it's job without any whining.... it's a Belgian
Liver.... not some lily livered Yankee organ.

Do Belgian livers come pre-pickled?

None of the septugenarians I know drink much of anything beyond
electrolyte
supplements. Oh, and barium, on the occasions of their annual upper GI
series.

You'd best take a trip up here..... I'll intro you to a few seniors that
can drink the young'ens under the table.

The only place I've known old timers with such tolerance is in Italy. How
does five bottles of amarone sound at one sitting. (wish the old *******
had shared some with the rest of us . . .)

Only in Canada. Down here we have no such guiding regulations--just

women
hockey players from MN with more hair on their chests than Canadian men.
And wow can they bite.

... but can they drink?

They generally bite *after* drinking, but one never knows when those teeth
might appear.

Okay, I'll agree to bash the Frogs wid ya.

Oh Good!

Yeah, they are such a convenient target, aren't they? Hey, you've got a
bunch o' em up there in the eastern sector, doncha?

Stick to draglining oil sands up north, Cappy. Your differential
diagnostic
skills curve has flattened and begun to head south.

My diagnostic skills are just fine ..... you deal with a product known

for
premature failure [ Americans trying to hold their liquor] for an extended
period.... it's plain logic to expect failure from this product....

despite
the advertisement to the contrary provided by the company.

Overproof, M.D.? Nah. You must have missed that chapter on Merkun
tolerance to alcohol. Page 431, paragraph 4, line 23-31: " . . . the myth
regarding cultures outside the USA that possess unusual ethanol tolerance.
McGrady, et. al., discovered in their epidemiological study of North
American cultures vs. ethanol tolerance an inverse correlation between
latitude and the ability to withstand the deliterious effects of copious
ethanol imbibition. Subjects from lower latitudes demonstrated a greater
propensity for remaining conscious following 10 standard (2oz. 50% ethanol)
drinks than those from higher latitudes. The conclusion that equatorial
proximity equates to greater tolerance and polar proximity equates to less
tolerance appears to be substantiated by McGrady and . . ."

Have you considered becoming a yoga instructor?

She ain't askeered o' you or yo mamma, either.

Everyone is skeered o' my Mom.... even the RCMP call her "Anny Get Your
Gun"

Around here we call her "Katy bar the door." Or is it "Bar the door, it's
Katy?"

Ibid: your diagnostic "skills." When you *assume* you make an *ass*
outta
*u*, if not *me.* We Merkans like our women and our liquor straight.

Assumptions based on logical deductions are calculated risks..... much

like
your assumptions the your liquor has more than a modicum of alcohol and

your
women an interest in anything but a cheap drunken backseat romp... with
someone not of their gender.

Is that so wrong?

Oh. My. God.

Um, belay that urge to post that photo, will ya.

Too "Manly" a sight for you Max???

"Manly" ain't got nuttin' to do wid dat. Oh dear, but I've been possessed
of a most unpleasant mental image that simply won't abate.

Tacks?? Pshaw. We'll drink standing in a small circle surrounded by a

6'
ring of glowing coals, no shoes. Here's to ya, ya Rocky Mountain

oyster.

Oky Dokey..... a caveat... the small inner circle must be ICE!! :-D

We don't have any o' that stuff down here. Well, okay, we got some of it
today, but it won't stay long.

Don't worry Max.... I'll drag you out of the embers....

Aha, now I know why you want the ice--so the embers won't burn your feet
when you stagger backward. Gotcha.

Max

Maxprop

"Joe" wrote in message

If you want to try a most excellent rum that will put your lambs to
shame try British Royal Navy Imperial Rum.

It does indeed put most rums to shame.

Max