Overproof

"Maxprop" wrote in message

Nope. Now, Cappy, re-read my post and tell me where, if anywhere, I
implied
that it is "too strong" or "too manly" for my "delicate palate." To the
contrary, I'm perfectly confident I can spot you shot for shot with
anything, 151proof or not.

That... I doubt you could acomplish Max..... very few people can go shot
for shot with me and win a gavity race. The very fact you stated that the
alcohol content masks the taste of the rum is a certain indicator of your
inability to handle the higher octane ratings with grace.

But I prefer rum to taste like rum, not like
mineral spirits or paint thinner. It's a flavor issue, not one of
strength.

Balderdash.... Lambs is very smooth, rich, mellow and I prefer it's taste
to the likes of Barcardi. I don't drink the Bracardi 151 due to the fact it
tastes terrible. It's not an issue of strenght... it's an issue of
flavour... and obviously your 'delicate palatte' cannot tolerate the
strenght.of this much prized rum.

In college I used to drink 190 proof grain alcohol (Everclear) straight
from
the bottle. But somewhere along the line I learned to imbibe for the
pleasure of the spirit, not for the purpose of killing brain cells and
puking on my friends' shoes.

Now you see.... that just doesn't happen to me. I get drunk but I'm still
far from adolesent activities you recounted upon your inebreation history.
It could be you have never learned to pace yourself, or that you have no
respect for the capabilities of the liquid you are consuming..... or maybe
you might be sufferring a 'wet brain' syndrome.

If alcohol content translates into great flavor, full-body, and manliness,
as you chest-thumpingly claim, why then do the vast majority of superb
single-malt scotches range around 80 proof?

To make it paletable to women as well as men?

Why are the very finest sipping
bourbons and ryes the same?

See above...

Why don't they make 150 proof cognacs and
armegnacs?

Those damned Frenchies.....

Only the Brits, for some arcane reason, choose to distill such
high alcohol content rums, but at a price: flavor.

No Max... the price is the seperation of Pansies and Men. I understand this
offends your sensibilities... seeing you are squarely placed in the Fancy
Boy Corral.

They simply don't taste
anywhere near as good as lower proof rums.

I heard this from ...Women!

For getting blasted, they are
almost without peer, if that's what floats your boat. You seem to believe
that imbibing mass quantities of ethanol equates with chest hair and
balls.
Whatever.

I don't drink to get blasted..... I drink because I enjoy the taste of the
beverage. I also believe you get better bang for the buck in buying a higher
proof alcohol.... let's face it Max.... just drink less or mix it lighter.

So, doesn't that chest beating you did seem a bit silly now?

Absolutely not...... oh look... you just dropped your hanky. Now why don't
you run along and discuss your situation with the other Dandies..... they
might share your delicate tastes.

CM

DSK

Scout wrote:
what, you don't like eel pie?

The question is, do the eels like it?

I wonder if there's a problem with the crust, instead of flaky it turns
out stringy.....

DSK

Overproof

Excuse me young lady... but don't you have some dusting to do.... men are
talking here... about alcohol.

Hardly a subject matter meant for your gender.....

CM

"Maxprop" wrote in message

[...]

Joe

Overproof wrote:
Nope....

http://www.drinks.co.uk/acatalog/LAM..._RUM_70cl.html

151 proof / 75% ALCOHOL

I'd like to try thestuff on the label you submitted though......

A friend brought a bottle over, saw overproff on it and figured that
was it, smooth, aged in a oak cask for 5 + years.

151's ok, but I prefer to give the angles their share.

Joe

CM

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is this it?

http://www.rumportal.com/distilleryimages/rfro.jpg
Joe

Googles fault if I posted this twice.

Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

Uh, Max..the Brits aren't really known for having a good sense of flavor.
Their food is very bland....unless it's been influenced by Indian curry
cooking. Scones are about as palatable as eating wallpaper paste unless a
pint of jam is poured on them to disguise the fact that there's no flavor.
And most everything is cooked to rags.....so...do we make the conjecture
that 150 proof alcohol has damaged the nerve endings in their tongues, or

do
we think that maybe they're compensating somehow? Maybe the quicker you

get
drunk the less you have to worry about what your food tastes like?

Or perhaps if one gets immediately drunk, one doesn't have to eat at all,
exsanguinating gastric ulcers notwithstanding.

Max

Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

Proves nothing...we were talking about the Brits, not Max...Max has a

rather
odd but eclectic palate for many things...he's one of those people that
enjoys the experience and isn't adverse to trying anything new or
different...and he shares his experiences with others...gee...now I'll

have
to find something insulting to say about him to balance this off....

That's okay--I believe the balance sheet is skewed strongly in favor of
insults currently. :-)

Max

Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

We shared a dock for a couple of years...he is a good sport....but he
sunburns terribly...

Why, praytell, do you think I'm constantly drinking all that rum??

Hint: pain.

Max

Maxprop

"Overproof" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message

Nope. Now, Cappy, re-read my post and tell me where, if anywhere, I
implied
that it is "too strong" or "too manly" for my "delicate palate." To the
contrary, I'm perfectly confident I can spot you shot for shot with
anything, 151proof or not.

That... I doubt you could acomplish Max..... very few people can go shot
for shot with me and win a gavity race. The very fact you stated that the
alcohol content masks the taste of the rum is a certain indicator of your
inability to handle the higher octane ratings with grace.

Balderdash, you Belgian Cannuck. It must be all that dry, cold air up there
giving you the misimpression that you have a tolerance for ethanol.

But I prefer rum to taste like rum, not like
mineral spirits or paint thinner. It's a flavor issue, not one of
strength.

Balderdash....

Hey, that's my word, you plagiarist . . .

Lambs is very smooth, rich, mellow and I prefer it's taste
to the likes of Barcardi.

I prefer the taste of gasoline, kerosene, and whale vomit to Bacardi. No
sane rum drinker would be otherwise.

I don't drink the Bracardi 151 due to the fact it
tastes terrible. It's not an issue of strenght... it's an issue of
flavour... and obviously your 'delicate palatte' cannot tolerate the
strenght.of this much prized rum.

I've not tried Lamb's, but I have drunk Lemonhart, which is purported to be
a better English rum of higher alcohol content. A rite of passage in my
fraternity was for one's brothers to buy straight shots of 151 proof
Lemonhart rum upon one's 21st birthday, either until the birthday idiot
passed out or cried "uncle." I drank 25 shots before ending up face down on
the floor, after which they took me to the local horsepistol and had my
stomach pumped, which was entirely unnecessary as it seemed to be purging
itself quite nicely in the car. I still haven't forgiven the *******s for
using MY car.

In college I used to drink 190 proof grain alcohol (Everclear) straight
from
the bottle. But somewhere along the line I learned to imbibe for the
pleasure of the spirit, not for the purpose of killing brain cells and
puking on my friends' shoes.

Now you see.... that just doesn't happen to me. I get drunk but I'm still
far from adolesent activities you recounted upon your inebreation history.
It could be you have never learned to pace yourself, or that you have no
respect for the capabilities of the liquid you are consuming..... or

maybe
you might be sufferring a 'wet brain' syndrome.

None of the above. Today, a mature man of . . . well, never mind . . . I'm
fully capable of imbibing mass quantities of ethanol-bearing fluids with
relative impunity. Provided I drink straight liquor and eschew mixers,
especially those of a sugary nature, I can absorb a surprising quantity of
said fluids and still maintain a modicum of alertness and coherency.
Interspersed with a small amount of food, I can drink all night and still
sing the Notre Dame fight song verbatim 'til the cows come home. And some
of those cows are damn big.

If alcohol content translates into great flavor, full-body, and

manliness,
as you chest-thumpingly claim, why then do the vast majority of superb
single-malt scotches range around 80 proof?

To make it paletable to women as well as men?

Tsk, tsk. Methinks we have a genderophobe in our midsts. I know women who
can drink you under the proverbial table, you lambic-loving supra-Yooper.

Why are the very finest sipping
bourbons and ryes the same?

See above...

Why don't they make 150 proof cognacs and
armegnacs?

Those damned Frenchies.....

. . . who, normally void of reasonability and rationality, had the
decidedly uncharacteristic good sense to distill their national spirits at
the proper alcoholic content.

Only the Brits, for some arcane reason, choose to distill such
high alcohol content rums, but at a price: flavor.

No Max... the price is the seperation of Pansies and Men. I understand

this
offends your sensibilities... seeing you are squarely placed in the Fancy
Boy Corral.

Call it what you will, but we routinely eat Canadians for lunch in that
there fenced-in mudhole.

They simply don't taste
anywhere near as good as lower proof rums.

I heard this from ...Women!

Boy is Katy gonna open up a can of Whoop-Ass on you, boy.

For getting blasted, they are
almost without peer, if that's what floats your boat. You seem to

believe
that imbibing mass quantities of ethanol equates with chest hair and
balls.
Whatever.

I don't drink to get blasted..... I drink because I enjoy the taste of

the
beverage. I also believe you get better bang for the buck in buying a

higher
proof alcohol.... let's face it Max.... just drink less or mix it

lighter.

AHA!!! The truth emerges. The Cappy is a weenie who "drinks less" or
even--omigod, perish the thought--MIXES (forgive me, O' sainted
distill-masters of the Caribbean) rum with God knows what. The thought
brings bile to my tongue and a tightness to my chest.

So, doesn't that chest beating you did seem a bit silly now?

Absolutely not...... oh look... you just dropped your hanky. Now why

don't
you run along and discuss your situation with the other Dandies..... they
might share your delicate tastes.

That wasn't my hanky, you Athabascan oil slick. That was the gauntlet, and
I've thrown it down in challenge to you for a shot-for-shot contest of wills
and stomachs. First to puke or pass out loses, and must certainly be
labeled a "girlie-man" for the remainder of his days. How do you look in a
dress, CM?

Max