BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT : Boobsie will crap rotten eggs and cabbage (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/25862-ot-boobsie-will-crap-rotten-eggs-cabbage.html)

Joe December 5th 04 07:35 PM

OT : Boobsie will crap rotten eggs and cabbage

When he see the pictures I take with my new Celestron 8. I can see the
rovers parked on the moon.

Joe

Capt. Neal® December 5th 04 07:52 PM

"Joe" wrote in message om...
When he see the pictures I take with my new Celestron 8. I can see the
rovers parked on the moon.

Joe

Bwahahahahhahahhaaha! Even the Hubble cannot resolve that small.

Besides, we never landed on the moon. Here's proof.

http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/~akapadia/moon.html

CN
I invite you to join the discussion at:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/altwe_love_CaptNeal

CN

Bobsprit December 5th 04 10:50 PM

When he see the pictures I take with my new Celestron 8. I can see the
rovers parked on the moon.

Bad news, I own the C11 GPS. I also owned the 9.25, the smallest Celestron
worth owning and probably thier best optics.
I had a C8 Ultima years back. Good starter scope I guess.

Capt RB

Joe December 6th 04 02:22 AM

(Bobsprit) wrote in message ...
When he see the pictures I take with my new Celestron 8. I can see the
rovers parked on the moon.

Bad news, I own the C11 GPS. I also owned the 9.25, the smallest Celestron
worth owning and probably thier best optics.
I had a C8 Ultima years back. Good starter scope I guess.

Well I hope so. Its my first real telescope came with a box full of 28
eyepieces and 6 filters.

Ones filters really cool a Nebula Line Transmission%
Oxygen-III 496mm90
Oxygen-III 501 nm85
H-beta 486nm88

I wish I could afford a pair of sunglasses made out of this stuff. The
ulta high contrast will blow your mind. Have any ideal what its for?

Bought the set at a estate of a geek that worked for nasa.

Bought lots of movie scripts to! Mostly starwars Star Tek stuff. I
dont think any of it ever made it to the silver screens. All lates
70's stuff.

Deckhand
Joe

Capt RB

Nav December 7th 04 12:29 AM

Bobsprit wrote:

Ones filters really cool a Nebula Line Transmission%
Oxygen-III 496mm90
Oxygen-III 501 nm85
H-beta 486nm88

I wish I could afford a pair of sunglasses made out of this stuff. The
ulta high contrast will blow your mind. Have any ideal what its for?

Some are for cutting out ambient man-made light of varrying types. Some work
well for photography, others visually. But remember that they also cut ALL
light by as much as 4 or 5%.

4 or 5% is bugger all.

Better to find a dark sky.

Always.

Cheers

Nav December 7th 04 12:37 AM

Joe wrote:

(Bobsprit) wrote in message ...

When he see the pictures I take with my new Celestron 8. I can see the
rovers parked on the moon.

Bad news, I own the C11 GPS. I also owned the 9.25, the smallest Celestron
worth owning and probably thier best optics.
I had a C8 Ultima years back. Good starter scope I guess.

Well I hope so. Its my first real telescope came with a box full of 28
eyepieces and 6 filters.

28 eyepieces? You must be joking! Sell most of them.

For your 'scope a good set would be 40, 32, 25, 18, 12, 7 and 4mm (the
latter used mostly for critical collimation), all wide angle of course.

Ones filters really cool a Nebula Line Transmission%
Oxygen-III 496mm90
Oxygen-III 501 nm85
H-beta 486nm88

I wish I could afford a pair of sunglasses made out of this stuff. The
ulta high contrast will blow your mind. Have any ideal what its for?

It's to let you see structure in nebulae more clearly.

Cheers

[email protected] December 7th 04 01:06 AM

Its been socked in fog here since I bought the thing.:o(
But as soon as I focus on a nebulae I with use it.

Joe

Donal December 7th 04 01:17 AM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
When he see the pictures I take with my new Celestron 8. I can see the
rovers parked on the moon.

Bad news, I own the C11 GPS. I also owned the 9.25, the smallest Celestron
worth owning and probably thier best optics.

When can we see some photos, Bob?

There's not much point in boasting about your Telescope if you cannot post
photos, is there?

Regards

Donal

Nav December 7th 04 01:29 AM

Donal wrote:

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

When he see the pictures I take with my new Celestron 8. I can see the
rovers parked on the moon.

Bad news, I own the C11 GPS. I also owned the 9.25, the smallest Celestron
worth owning and probably thier best optics.

When can we see some photos, Bob?

There's not much point in boasting about your Telescope if you cannot post
photos, is there?

Good point. The 9.25 was designed for photography.
Cheers

Overproof December 7th 04 02:34 AM

"Nav" wrote in message

Good point. The 9.25 was designed for photography.
Cheers

Yeah... how about a pic of the $400 Breast Pump Nebula???

Bwahahahahahaaaaaa

CM