Joe

Default How far...How high

When you jump from your spreaders, do you use wave action to sling you
clear of your hull, or do you just try to run down your spreader and
dive?

I figure last time I flew off the top spreaders with the right wave I
musta been hurled 50 foot out from 50 foot above the waterline. Did a
double back flip before entering the water.

And have you ever rigged a Bos'n chair to your spinnaker and fly out
ahead of your bow, Thats a blast unless the spinnakers get to flappin
and knock you out of the seat and the boat runs you over.

Bow flying, How high have you flown? You know...time that wave just
perfect and jump up with bow lift assist, it amazing how high you can
fly..use leather gloves and fly up your forward stay if you wish to
remain onboard.

Boom slingin...Have you ever laid on the boom , and have the boat do a
fast jibe? Thats usually a 35 foot sling...or the hardest belly flop
possiable.

Halyard tarzan..Run across the cabin top and swing in a arch over the
water and round your whole vessel, I tried it once but it's difficult
on a ketch.

Any other exclusive sailboat games?

Joe
Martin Baxter

Joe wrote:

Any other exclusive sailboat games?

If you have a head that faces athwart ships and a reasonable breeze you can have a fair bit
of fun when the crew goes below to use the aforementioned object.

Cheers
Marty

DSK

Joe wrote:
When you jump from your spreaders, do you use wave action to sling you
clear of your hull, or do you just try to run down your spreader and
dive?

Neither.

I figure last time I flew off the top spreaders with the right wave I
musta been hurled 50 foot out from 50 foot above the waterline. Did a
double back flip before entering the water.

I'm glad you missed the dock. That would've hurt!

And have you ever rigged a Bos'n chair to your spinnaker and fly out
ahead of your bow, Thats a blast unless the spinnakers get to flappin
and knock you out of the seat and the boat runs you over.

Why a bosun's chair? Just a rope tied off the both clews, about 3x as
long as the foot of the sail, will do.

Bow flying, How high have you flown? You know...time that wave just
perfect and jump up with bow lift assist, it amazing how high you can
fly..use leather gloves and fly up your forward stay if you wish to
remain onboard.

That sounds kinda dumb- diving off the bow in waves, so you can get run
over? Flying up the forestay so as to bend the turnbuckle, not to
mention what's going to happen when you come down?

Joe, you need a jungle gym in your yard. Boats are fun to climb on but
your methods seems both destructive and near-certain to produce injury.

Boom slingin...Have you ever laid on the boom , and have the boat do a
fast jibe? Thats usually a 35 foot sling...or the hardest belly flop
possiable.

No again. Although that one sounds like fun, as long as you don't clip
the backstay going by...

Halyard tarzan..Run across the cabin top and swing in a arch over the
water and round your whole vessel, I tried it once but it's difficult
on a ketch.

Sounds like that old cartoon, George of the Jungle. Did you hear toms-toms?

I have swung around the boat on a trapeze several times... usually
didn't make it all the way around before the splash though. Swinging
from a halyard can be a lot of fun if the water is checked clear first.
I had a good lesson in how not to, when a buddy didn't let go and swung
back into the boat, catching the lifelines on a sensitive part of the
anatomy.

Any other exclusive sailboat games?

Yep. Sailing for one! One of my favorites is body surfing in the wake. I
have been launched by a genoa sheet accidentally , always meant to try
that one again on purpose some time.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Overproof

"Joe" wrote in message
Any other exclusive sailboat games?

Oh Heck Yeah!... the favourite on my vessel is Blind Bottle Dive..... best
done while at anchor unless the lot of you are exceptionally fast swimmers.

Draw Straws for who gets to pitch... then assemble everyone on the foredeck.
The divers close their eyes and the pitcher throws the full bottle of [your
choice of booze] into the drink and counts to whatever number between 5 and
10... when the pitcher yells "Dive!" all the divers leap into the water to
retrieve the bottle. Who ever gets it first must take a swig and becomes the
next pitcher.

Yup... you want to see the havoc that ensues after the bottle is only half
full.... it's a blast!

My favourite episode was when a buddy of mine went to dive in and got his
feet snagged in the lifeline.... went straight out like a plank... stopped
in mid air and slammed down onto the hull before sliding to the bottom of
the lagoon! Now that was hilarious!

CM

Bob Crantz

When everyone is below, just for fun, I take the deck cannon and aim it into
a vent and light it off.

Good Lord! What a hoot!

Amen!

Bob Crantz