Maxprop

OzOne wrote in message

This help?
http://sq.4mg.com/IQ-States.htm

How utterly laughable. SAT and ACT tests do not have any correlation
whatever between test scores and IQ scores. What BS. Here's another
revelation for ya: High SAT and ACT test scores also have no correlation
with success in college either. Why they continue to be used by colleges is
a mystery. Even the universities admit this. Guess they need extra papers
for their admissions offices to shuffle.

OR
Do you want the survey by state on the percentage of people with
college degrees....guess what.....it comes to the same
conclusion.....those states with less degrees voted republican.

Duh. Manufacturing and agriculture states naturally won't have as high a
percentage of university diplomates as those with little or no mfr. or ag.
But don't forget that those industrial employees in the red states are
generally the ones that voted democrat. Does the word "union" ring a bell.
Farmers and ag workers are probably split between GOP and dems.
Regardless, your silly contention holds no water, Oz. Better stick to
shooting roos and dingos.

http://www.ginandtacos.com/education.jpg

Right. I've always gotten my precise demographic information from websites
called gin and tacos, too. Sheesh.

Max

Maxprop

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

I think you need to draw the picture for yourself. If the parents had
the smarts to put their kid in a prep course, that would be a good
predicter of intelligence. I guess there really are some stupid
lawyers.

Did you know that hair and eye color are also good predictors of
intelligence, Jon?

Well, actually they aren't, but the Nazi's believed it to be so.

Max

Maxprop

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

A better question is why you so stupid.

Whew! Thanks, Jon. For a moment there I thought someone else was posting
under your name. But I've got to admit--you actually posted three responses
to Dave before launching into an ad hominem attack in the fourth.

You're slipping.

Hmmmm? Could this correlate inversely with IQ?

Max

Maxprop

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message

Max,

It is possible for the Mind to store millions of bits of information
but still be uneducated;----I've forgot who made the statement but it
couldn't be truer when you look at the Oz post. If you print out the
http at the beginning of his line of BS you will see that the origial
had been retracked and that was in 2000.

Not surprising. The same hackneyed repartee is resurfacing four years
later. Not terribly original, are they.

As to your first comment, I believe Albert Einstein summed it up best, when
asked if he could recall, verbatim, a fairly simple mathematical formula.
He responded by asking the inquirer why anyone would memorize such a thing
when it could be obtained so easily from a printed reference. The
difference between educated people and those without the benefit of same is
that the scholar knows where to look to find answers to his dilemmas.

Max

katysails

In this area, the schools track students from the 6th grade to determine if
they will be fast-tracked into the ACT or SAT prep courses. My 7th grade
grand-daughter was tested last year and came out in the 99th percentile
country-wide in math ability...they are having her take a baseline SAT at
the end of this year...this was all at the school's initiative, so it's not
just parents involved in the process....
OzOne wrote in message ...
On 9 Nov 2004 16:38:22 -0600, Dave scribbled
thusly:

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:46:12 +1100, OzOne said:

This help?
http://sq.4mg.com/IQ-States.htm

Considerably. It shows almost conclusively that people in the blue states
are more likely to have had their kid take a prep course for the SATs or
ACTs.

You mean the smarter, higher income college graduates are more likely
to have their kids do a prep course......

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Jonathan Ganz

In article . net,
Maxprop wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

they find any
intelligence,
please let us know.

Stanford-Binet: 144
Wechsler: 130

Not a genius, but not bad either. Better than your BS "study" quoted for
any of the Kerry states.

Not my study, and you're IQ is a bit low for this ng. You might want
to consider taking a remedial course or two. Even Mr. Poodle has a
higher IQ.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article .net,
Maxprop wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

I think you need to draw the picture for yourself. If the parents had
the smarts to put their kid in a prep course, that would be a good
predicter of intelligence. I guess there really are some stupid
lawyers.

Did you know that hair and eye color are also good predictors of
intelligence, Jon?

Well, actually they aren't, but the Nazi's believed it to be so.

Well, so you're telling us that you keep your eyes closed and are
bald. Ok.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article .net,
Maxprop wrote:
Not only flawed, but denied vehemently by the psychometrists that design
such tests. They've even admitted, in recent years, that such exams might
be socio-economically biased as well. So much for the this gem of a theory.

And, you have a reading comprehension problem. Not my fault.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Dave wrote:
I think that's a bit of an overstatement. I think you'll find there is some
correlation, but less than perfect correlation in each case. There are a

Holy Backpeddle!!