Scott Vernon

Default Too windy to sail?

The forecast for Northern Chesapeake Bay

....GALE WARNING ...

..TODAY...W WIND 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 KT. WAVES 2 TO 3 FT.

Bobsprit

....GALE WARNING ...

..TODAY...W WIND 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 KT. WAVES 2 TO 3 FT.

Gusts to 40 Knts reported, yet I saw a sailboat well reefed out there today.
Too windy for YOU to sail of course.

RB
Scott Vernon

"Bob****" wrote ...
...GALE WARNING ...

.TODAY...W WIND 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 KT. WAVES 2 TO 3

FT.

Gusts to 40 Knts reported, yet I saw a sailboat well reefed out

there today.
Too windy for YOU to sail of course.

yup, too cold and windy for this old sailor. What's your excuse?

SV

Seahag

"Scott Vernon" wrote:
The forecast for Northern Chesapeake Bay

...GALE WARNING ...

.TODAY...W WIND 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 KT. WAVES 2 TO 3 FT.

They left on Bobby's boat for Florida around 11:30 yestersay morning...made
Cove Point by 3PM!

Seahag

Seahag

He's gonna do Key West Race week, whenever that is...in the mean time some
friends will be using the boat. I'm glad it's gone, he went nuts detailing
it! We have 8 more 105 keels in...I'm getting good finding the keel/sump
join and chiseling off the tape. Quite a thud when 3200 pounds drop!

Seahag
PS: the lights came on today!

"Seahag" wrote:

"Scott Vernon" wrote:
The forecast for Northern Chesapeake Bay

...GALE WARNING ...

.TODAY...W WIND 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 KT. WAVES 2 TO 3

FT.

They left on Bobby's boat for Florida around 11:30 yestersay

morning...made
Cove Point by 3PM!

Seahag

Seahag

"Scott Vernon" wrote:
"Seahag" wrote:

Seahag
PS: the lights came on today!

permanently?

Don't know...that's part of the cruising adventure! They're still working
tonight tho...I don't think it 's the wireing buried in the beams, I really
think it's a drip. F---ing boat leaks worse than the Tahiti!
Well...different, at any rate. At least with the Tahiti I knew where the
water was coming from. Sort of.

S^)

rotating sprit sail William R. Watt Cruising 0 September 2nd 04 09:16 PM
Q: sail design and keel Morgan Ohlson Boat Building 5 August 25th 04 08:38 PM
SAILING GROUNDS Capt. Mooron ASA 135 July 4th 04 05:52 PM
tyvek (long) William R. Watt Boat Building 2 June 30th 04 05:09 AM
The future of yacht design - 10 myths scotched Frank ASA 0 June 28th 04 02:42 PM