BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT old blue Eyes (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/23211-re-ot-old-blue-eyes.html)

John W. Bienko September 26th 04 02:57 PM

OT old blue Eyes

During visits to Waikiki.. a few years ago..
I discovered a veteran living aboard an old PT boat
moored in the Ala Wai Harbour.. quite a sight to see..
washing machine/stove on the deck.. tended by his
Philipine woman.. with a small child playing with
toys.
A year later I saw a film crew working to make the
boat into a war vessel.. camophlage paint.. coils of
rope. etc..
That veteran made a small fortune renting out the
rotting hull for the film.
Good luck ole fella

--
Longing to be closer to to the sun, the wind and the sea!
Spiritually at: Latitude 21 degrees 19' 9" North. _!_