BoatBanter.com

-   -   OT old blue Eyes (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/23120-ot-old-blue-eyes.html)

Scott Vernon September 24th 04 02:23 AM

OT old blue Eyes

http://frank.novelhost.net/

Joe September 24th 04 05:55 PM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message ...
http://frank.novelhost.net/

Franks the man.

BTW we have an authentic WW11 Pt Boat here in Clear Lake called the "Oh Frankie"
He was aboard her during the war. I think he was just on tour... not sure.
It's a Hunkins and still has her original Libery engines.
http://www.huckinsyacht.com/history/assets/pt_boat.jpg

Joe

Scott Vernon September 24th 04 11:54 PM

They're cool boats. Sometime last century, I delivered a dredging
barge to the Navy, in Annapolis. There were a bunch of old PT boats
sitting at an old dock. When I asked about them, they said they were
just sitting there rotting away.

Scotty

om...

Joe September 26th 04 01:02 AM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message ...
They're cool boats. Sometime last century, I delivered a dredging
barge to the Navy, in Annapolis. There were a bunch of old PT boats
sitting at an old dock. When I asked about them, they said they were
just sitting there rotting away.

Scotty

Yeah that sucks. The Oh Frankie was converted into a commerical fishing boat.

At the end of WWII 100's were tied together in the Philipines and torched.
Seems that was cheaper than bringing them home and selling them surplus.

They burn easy since they were made of plywood.

Joe

om...