Horvath

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 09:35:09 -0400, "Vito" wrote
this crap:

But according to the AP article, the McCain-Feingold campaign finance
law which Kerry was a co-sponsor of makes it illegal for anyone under
17 to make political contributions! (laughing) So Kerry has
criminalized a couple of kids out there (laughing) according to the
new McCain-Feingold law! Is this just not classic? No, folks, it's not
a big deal. It's just typical of the Kerry campaign. Criminalize a
couple of kids!

Sorry Rush (and Horvath) but nothing illegal happened. The kids collected
these monies from contributors who were *given* the buttons and bracelets in
return for *their* contribution to Kerry. That's the law - as explained to
me when I ran campaign tables for various GOP candidates. Otherwise, the
kids would have had to get pedelars licenses and collected sales tax. I'd
think every fool in the US knew this but apparently not.

Were the "contributors" told that they were giving to a campaign, or
were they just buying the stuff thinking the money was going to the
kids?

You should realize that there is a BIG difference.

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Horvath wrote:
I contribute to kids, but that's not what they call it in prison.

I realize that there is a BIG difference.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Vito

"Horvath" wrote

Were the "contributors" told that they were giving to a campaign, or
were they just buying the stuff thinking the money was going to the
kids?

You should realize that there is a BIG difference.

Indeed, but we must assume the contributors knew they were giving to the
Kerry campaign since the buttons and bracelets promoted said campaign and
the kids neither displayed a sales license nor collected sales taxes. The
kids would be criminals had they NOT forwarded the $$$ to Kerry.