Nav

Default Ouch, this is gonna cost!

Long keel + narrow unfixed cradle... Stupid, very stupid. I had worries
about this before. Perhaps they will tie halyards to containers in the
future -it should be SOP.

Cheers

OzOne wrote:
http://ww3.6url.com/396

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

DSK

OzOne wrote:
http://ww3.6url.com/396

Shucks, that was dumb. Even mobile home dwellers know enough to use
tie-downs!

But those boats are built pretty strong, I'd give odds that whatevr they
fell on was more badly damaged than the boats were...

DSK

Nav

The TNZ boat has hull damage (container corner penetration) at one of
the strongest points (where the stays are). They are talking about
flying out another boat...

Cheers

DSK wrote:

OzOne wrote:

http://ww3.6url.com/396

Shucks, that was dumb. Even mobile home dwellers know enough to use
tie-downs!

But those boats are built pretty strong, I'd give odds that whatevr they
fell on was more badly damaged than the boats were...

DSK

DSK

Nav wrote:

The TNZ boat has hull damage (container corner penetration) at one of
the strongest points (where the stays are). They are talking about
flying out another boat...

Hmm. I shoulda said "unless it's right on the corner of a steel shipping
container".

DSK

Joe

DSK wrote in message .. .
Nav wrote:

The TNZ boat has hull damage (container corner penetration) at one of
the strongest points (where the stays are). They are talking about
flying out another boat...

Isnt the tnz boat a swiss owned boat?

Hmm. I shoulda said "unless it's right on the corner of a steel shipping
container".

If you look at the stands not only did they not have tie downs, but it
seems the stands were narrower than the hulls.

Joe

DSK

DSK

Bart Senior wrote:
This is what happens when too many seagulls land
on the port spreader.

Yeah, but one of the great things about carbon fiber is that it's very
stain resistant

DSK

Flying Tadpole

DSK wrote:

But those boats are built pretty strong...

You mean they no longer snap in two in a light chop and sink in
30 secs?

--
Flying Tadpole

Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.soundclick.com/flyingtadpole