Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Horvath

Default French-looking John Kerry may have been AWOL

Sen. Kerry: Did You Go AWOL from the Naval Reserves?

Now that some folks seem at least casually curious about Kerry's
Vietnam cover-ups ... we thought we'd ask again: Sen.
Kerry, did you go AWOL from the Naval Reserves?

With little proof save for the conspiracy theories of an obese
low-budget filmmaker and a professional hack at the
Democrat National Committee, the left-leaning national press corps
moved Heaven and earth to get to the bottom of the
gaps in President Bush’s military service record.

The White House complied, releasing pay records and other peripheral
evidence that Bush had indeed served in the Alabama
National Guard during the time in question. The press was -- and
remains – unsatisfied, though the gaps in the
president’s service record can almost certainly be chalked up to
bureaucratic paperwork screw-ups.

Not so with the record of President George W. Bush’s rival for the
presidency, Senator John Forbes Kerry. An anonymous
source has brought to our attention a yawning hole in the decorated
veteran’s service record. It is time for Kerry to
answer the questions President Bush was forced to answer. It is time
for John Kerry to answer the big question:

Did you go AWOL from the Naval Reserves?

We have remained relatively mum on the issue of Vietnam and John
Kerry’s service record when compared to other
anti-Kerry websites. Indeed, heretofore, we’ve been content to aver
merely that while Kerry fought with bravery in
Vietnam he acted in shame upon returning home. But we had no idea the
depth of the problem before the junior Senator
from Massachusetts.

John Kerry signed an agreement as part of his naval officer commission
to serve at least 3 years on active duty and the
remainder of his obligated 6 year service in the Ready Reserves. Ready
Reserves are those who must attend drills.

It bears repeating: Kerry obligated himself to at least 3 years active
duty, and the remainder of his 6 year obligation
in the Ready (not Standby) Reserves.

He further agreed that while in the Ready Reserves (from discharge to
1972) he would perform no less than 48 drills per
year and up to 17 active duty days per year, or alternatively, 30
active duty days per year.

None of Kerry’s released records shows any evidence of his performing
these Ready Reserve obligated days in 1970 through
1972, after which he was transferred to the Inactive Reserves. The
only Performance of Duty form released covers 1966.
There should be one for every year.

Nor is there any excusal from drilling status in his records, or
alternatively, pay and attendance records indicating
that he performed any drills in 1970-72 as required of a Ready
Reservist.

It was George Bush's alleged non-performance of his obligated reserve
duty that caused all the furor last February, yet
Kerry apparently cannot show his performance of his obligated Reserve
duty.

The Kerry campaign has said that his separation from active duty put
him in the inactive, non-drilling Naval Reserve so
he could run for Congress. This is NOT true, as follows:

Kerry’s transfer from the Ready Reserves to the Standby (Inactive)
reserves did not occur until March 1972, NOT upon his
release from Active Duty to run for Congress (1969/70).

Furthermore, Kerry’s official transfer from the Ready Reserves to the
Standby (Inactive) Reserves was not formalized
until July 1972.

Contrary to what Kerry's campaign flacks say, the wording on his
Release from Active Duty (to run for Congress) does NOT
put him in the Inactive Reserves - it puts him in Inactive Duty
status, which includes Ready Reserves with attendant
drill obligation. BIG difference - though the confusion is
understandable.

According to our source, the legal specifics that counter Kerry’s word
trickery pits a Title 10 duty (Active Duty) Green
Card vs. Title 32 duty (Inactive Duty) Red Card. Did Kerry have a
Green Card or a Red Card?

We are beginning to see a pattern of obfuscation and deceit by the
Kerry campaign. Are they intentionally using the
tortured language of the military bureaucracy as a cover up?

Had Kerry been placed in the Inactive Reserves in 1970 upon his
release from Active Duty, as Kerry's people suggest,
there would not have been the 1972 Transfer to the Standby Reserves
form we show above - he would have already been
there.

Also, if the timing of these records is correct, as a drilling Ready
Reserve naval officer, in 1970-72 he was somewhat
restricted by military regulations in what comments he could make in
public regarding statements on the military
leadership and the National Command Authority. Yet this is the period
of his most public protests and anti-war
demonstrations.

In fact, his hairdo alone in the 1970-72 period would not meet Navy
standards, and he would be sent home from drill if
he had ever attended one.

We suggest the fun is over in the presidential campaign of 2004. John
Kerry’s people have called President Bush a
deserter. The White House has called Kerry a flip-flopper who’s soft
on defense. All great fun. But we’re drawing ever
closer to decision time and it’s beginning to appear that while John
Kerry was slandering his fellow Vietnam Veterans at
the Winter Soldier Investigation and on the floor of the U.S. Senate,
he may have been AWOL from the Naval Reserves.

Since the French-looking John Kerry was seen throwing away his medals,
he could also be considered a deserter. The first thing a deserter
does is throw away his uniform.