Bobsprit

Default Robbed

Sometime lastnight, probably during heavy rain, Alien was robbed. The loss was
pretty bad. Even my flashlight was taken. We've already filed a claim and we'll
do just fine, but it was the last thing we needed with a baby days or hours
away.
Standby to see Scotty go balistic when he sees my new electronics.
I've seen this sort of theft before and I never can understand it.
I'll give a full report on how my insurance co. handled this afterwards, but so
far they are treating us above and beyond what I expected. New electronics or
not...what a drag.

RB
Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Bobsprit wrote:
Sometime lastnight, probably during heavy rain, Alien was robbed. The loss was
pretty bad. Even my flashlight was taken. We've already filed a claim and we'll
do just fine, but it was the last thing we needed with a baby days or hours
away.
Standby to see Scotty go balistic when he sees my new electronics.
I've seen this sort of theft before and I never can understand it.
I'll give a full report on how my insurance co. handled this afterwards, but so
far they are treating us above and beyond what I expected. New electronics or
not...what a drag.

Bummer...

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Thom Stewart

Nutsy,

Sorry to hear about the robbery.

A few years back, my boat was ransacked while it was on the hard. In a
Yard, with supposedly security.

When I was called down to give a report on what was taken, I was shocked
at the condition of the boat. What a mess!!!

As I started to make a list of what was taken, with the police there. I
straighten the boat out and found nothing missing!!!
The police said they were looking for guns.which I don't carry.

It took a long time to get over the violation. There were other boats
that were stripped of electronic gear, stoves, compasses, depth sounders
and what have you. There was damage to hatchways for entry and damage
for no reason. I never locked my boat while it is on the Hard and I
think that might have been why I was spared.

What a time to have that happen to you. Labor Day Week-end. Hope
everything gets taken care of. Just about ends "Derelict's" season
doesn't it. Sorry Pal, wish You were closer so you could use my boat.

One good thing, you have a new joy coming into your life. He'll be a
Virgo, like myself. I pray everyday that he'll have as good a life or
better than mine.

Ole Thom
P/S Give Susy a kiss for me and may the "Luck of the Irish" shine down
on you RIGHT NOW!!

Suzy Brody

"Bobsprit" wrote in message ...
We are replacing some gear on our boat and have put the old items on e bay.

If only your list was more accurate that would be a lot more laughs.
I'll be watching ebay. Some of items are strategically marked with ID #s.

SHUT UP you big jerk. You want to blow our insurance scam?

Suzy
Marc

Insurance Co.?
Deductable?
You have a pretty decent security fence and gate. How did they get in?
By water?

A few years ago, we had a cabin cruiser pull into our transient dock.
The "crew" began removing equipment. They stripped the boat in broad
daylight, in full view of the marina and no one raised an alarm. NYC
Balls.

On 31 Aug 2004 18:02:49 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote:

Sometime lastnight, probably during heavy rain, Alien was robbed. The loss was
pretty bad. Even my flashlight was taken. We've already filed a claim and we'll
do just fine, but it was the last thing we needed with a baby days or hours
away.
Standby to see Scotty go balistic when he sees my new electronics.
I've seen this sort of theft before and I never can understand it.
I'll give a full report on how my insurance co. handled this afterwards, but so
far they are treating us above and beyond what I expected. New electronics or
not...what a drag.

RB

Bobsprit

One good thing, you have a new joy coming into your life. He'll be a
Virgo, like myself. I pray everyday that he'll have as good a life or
better than mine.

Thanks, Thom. I feel really enraged. I'm always amazed at this sort of thing.
No damage to the boat. Suzanne was the first to notice that our dinghy was
gone. Then a look inside...no radar, stereo, radio, compass and lots of other
stuff gone. I just returned from the yard with a list. I recently took the
autopilot off and put it below and it too is gone. I'm not sure how the
insurance company will handle older items, such as the radar, but my agent says
not to worry. He says I'll come out ahead with newer stuff, but ****!!! My son
is almost here and I don't need this **** now.
One nice bit...a guy a few boats over came over with a spare VHF and the yard
says they'll loan me whatever I need to complete the season. I expect to keep
sailing. At least they didn't take the grill.

RB
Bobsprit

Insurance Co.?
Deductable?
You have a pretty decent security fence and gate. How did they get in?
By water?

I'm very well covered and it looks to be just a ton of aggravation. I expect
this happened last night during all that rain. There was water on the floor and
on the table, dripped off the losers, I'd guess. I was there early, so who
knows how much I missed them by.

RB
Thom Stewart

Nutsy,

Was the outboard on the dingy??

Were other boats hit?

OT

Bobsprit

Was the outboard on the dingy??

Were other boats hit?

The oatboard was on the boat, The dinghy was tied aft as I was going to clean
the bottom today. Guess I won't have to.

RB