katysails

Ah, so the zebra mussels have finally found you. When they first arrive
they are a terrible PITA because there's so much food for them, but then,
when they get things cleaned up a bit, they're not so terrible to live with
unless you forget they are as sharp as razor blades and grab hold of
them....
"Seahag" wrote in message

"Scott Vernon" wrote:
Sept. Oct. is the best time for sailing on the Chessy Bay. Good winds,
the bugs are gone, not many stinkpotters, low humidity. The one
drawback- it gets dark too early.

Have you noticed the water clearing up where you are? We've been seeing a
lot of little mussels on boat bottoms this summer, quite unusual. Seems
several of the creeks hereabouts are being filtered by these little

buggers,
even to the point where subaquatic vegetation is growing back!! Our diver
buddy said he had 10' vis in Spa Creek!!!

Seahag

Seahag

These are False Dark Mussels apparently becoming abundant due to a couple of
years with lots of rain. They're too small to eat, fortunately for the
Bay:^) I think there are Zebras in northern areas of the Chesapeake, but
not down here yet. Wish they'd hurry up and get here!

Seahag

"Seahag" wrote:

"Scott Vernon" wrote:
Sept. Oct. is the best time for sailing on the Chessy Bay. Good winds,
the bugs are gone, not many stinkpotters, low humidity. The one
drawback- it gets dark too early.

Have you noticed the water clearing up where you are? We've been seeing

lot of little mussels on boat bottoms this summer, quite unusual. Seems
several of the creeks hereabouts are being filtered by these little

buggers,
even to the point where subaquatic vegetation is growing back!! Our

diver
buddy said he had 10' vis in Spa Creek!!!

Seahag

katysails

Zebra mussels are tiny things...I think the biggest one I've seen was about
the size opf a garden snail...but they like to congregate together and make
globs....I read an article today that some guys caught a half dozen
freshwater jellyfish in the St Clair River over on the east coast of
Michigan...they are very rare...some guy is keeping them in an aerated tank
in his pet shop as an exhibit. They called in a conservationist to verify
that that is what they were....

"Seahag" wrote:

"Scott Vernon" wrote:
Sept. Oct. is the best time for sailing on the Chessy Bay. Good

winds,
the bugs are gone, not many stinkpotters, low humidity. The one
drawback- it gets dark too early.

Have you noticed the water clearing up where you are? We've been

seeing
lot of little mussels on boat bottoms this summer, quite unusual.

Seems
several of the creeks hereabouts are being filtered by these little

buggers,
even to the point where subaquatic vegetation is growing back!! Our

diver
buddy said he had 10' vis in Spa Creek!!!

Seahag

Michael

All else aside . .I'll be in the GL June to July and on down the St.
Lawrence. Maine and NewEngland for Aug and Sept. After next years storm
season for the Chez. I will look forward to stopping by andthanking both
of you for a lot of years of . . . . ..asa friendship.

M.

"Seahag" wrote:

"Scott Vernon" wrote:
Sept. Oct. is the best time for sailing on the Chessy Bay. Good

winds,
the bugs are gone, not many stinkpotters, low humidity. The one
drawback- it gets dark too early.

Have you noticed the water clearing up where you are? We've been

seeing
lot of little mussels on boat bottoms this summer, quite unusual.

Seems
several of the creeks hereabouts are being filtered by these little

buggers,
even to the point where subaquatic vegetation is growing back!! Our

diver
buddy said he had 10' vis in Spa Creek!!!

Seahag

katysails

We'll be watching for you.....it's a straight shot NE from Racine to
Muskegon, unless you plan to do the long thing around the bottom....(not
nearly as interesting as the northern trip up the MI coastline...) When you
want harbor information on Lake Michigan, give me a yell....

"Seahag" wrote:

"Scott Vernon" wrote:
Sept. Oct. is the best time for sailing on the Chessy Bay. Good

winds,
the bugs are gone, not many stinkpotters, low humidity. The one
drawback- it gets dark too early.

Have you noticed the water clearing up where you are? We've been

seeing
lot of little mussels on boat bottoms this summer, quite unusual.

Seems
several of the creeks hereabouts are being filtered by these little
buggers,
even to the point where subaquatic vegetation is growing back!! Our

diver
buddy said he had 10' vis in Spa Creek!!!

Seahag

Scott Vernon

Went swimming in Swan Creek (Rock Hall) this week, water was nice and
clean and very refreshing.

Scotty

"Seahag" wrote in message
We need some of those giant oysters!

Seahag

"Pony Express" wrote:
The water has been exceptionally clear this year.
You can clearly see the bottom in 4' in Hawk Cove.
S.
"Seahag" :
:
: Have you noticed the water clearing up where you
are? We've been seeing a
: lot of little mussels on boat bottoms this
summer, quite unusual. Seems
: several of the creeks hereabouts are being
filtered by these little buggers,
: even to the point where subaquatic vegetation is
growing back!! Our diver
: buddy said he had 10' vis in Spa Creek!!!

Q: sail design and keel Morgan Ohlson Boat Building 5 August 25th 04 08:38 PM
SAILING GROUNDS Capt. Mooron ASA 135 July 4th 04 05:52 PM
tyvek (long) William R. Watt Boat Building 2 June 30th 04 05:09 AM
The future of yacht design - 10 myths scotched Frank ASA 0 June 28th 04 02:42 PM
Birds nests in sail folds?? Steve Cruising 9 September 18th 03 03:14 AM