Bobsprit

Default Rain=FUN

Suzanne is having pre-labor contractions, so we are staying clear of mid-day
heat and sun. Heading out to the boat at 5:30, we heard about a very heavy rain
cell in NJ. We could already see it's effects, but we had friends sailing with
us and we all wanted to go. 30 minutes into the sail, the wind built to about
30 knots and it started to drizzle. I sent Suzanne below. Liz stayed on deck
with me, gradually spilling the main. Somehow I guessed that the wind was maxed
out and it was, so we pinched upwind close to Stepping Stone and I watched a
big tug coming our way to starboard. Then the rain hit. You know the kind (Not
you, Scotty). We couldn't see 20 feet in front of us and the rain was stinging.
My only worry was the position of the tug, so I tacked and took her downwind.
The rain cleared pretty quickly of course...and the main point is that it felt
GREAT! Temps dropped 20 degrees and stayed cool while we continued to sail.
Suprisingly there was still a lot of wind and we sailed for a while before
returning to the slip. A great mini sail and the BBQ was great as well!!!!
Hope you all got out there today!

RB
Joe

(Bobsprit) wrote in message ...

Sounds like a fun sail. We often get hit by squalls here in Galveston
bay. Here you have to be careful as some are prone to violent
downbursts.

But we to emjoy to sail in the warm rain. Best time to wash down the
decks as well.

We spent the day and night out Friday and Saturday just exploring
Trinity bay Trinity Bay east of here ..40 something miles. The
speckeled trout were thrashing thru huge schools of shad. We dropped
the hook and had a blast catching 3-4lb trout, turned them into filets
and threw them on the Magna grill with shrimp. Used ultralite fishing
gear... great sport and dinner. And the night sailing was perfect.
10-12 knots of warm wind, and a silver trail from almost a full moon
to follow. Snagged a crab trap in the wheel so I had a nice night
dive. We anchored up around 04:30 close to the mouth of the Trinity
river, kicked on the power and the AC. Enjoyed an unpolitical movie
and snozzed to a nice splash against the hull. Next day up the river
a bit looking for a nice hurricane hole. Did not find one due to a
bridge and my mast. Cedar Bayou seems to be my the best choice. Next
day we stopped and watched the surf from the huge ships roll for miles
on a flat bay. Planning on going back and surfing the waves soon. Done
it with the dick close futher up the bay, but this area is much better
and you can surf a few miles on one wave with the right ship.

It was an enjoyable weekend.

Bet you babie is born this Wensday an 11:42 AM.

Lets get a pole going if it's legal.

What are you going to name him/her?

Joe

[...]

Bobsprit

Sounds like a fun sail. We often get hit by squalls here in Galveston
bay. Here you have to be careful as some are prone to violent
downbursts.

I waited for heavy air, but it never built much beyond 30 knots. I quickly
furled up the genoa and waited for worse. With Suzanne aboard I was glad it was
mostly heavy rain. Still, it was fun and we kept the wind even when it dried
out.

RB
Bobsprit

Bet you babie is born this Wensday an 11:42 AM.

Lets get a pole going if it's legal.

What are you going to name him/her?

I hope he comes before the due date of Sept. 9th. We have a few good names, but
will wait until we see him.

RB
Scott Vernon

"Joe" wrote

Bet you babie is born this Wensday an 11:42 AM.

Lets get a pole going if it's legal.

What are you going to name him/her?

****Head Jr. ?

Bobsprit

What are you going to name him/her?

****Head Jr. ?

Scotty Potti is such a royal asshole that he's now bashing unborn kids. As you
can see, Mooron, Scotty really needs your help as he's a real class act.

Dead weight finds it's own level.

RB

Bobsprit

Hit a nerve, ****Head?

Gosh! Talkin' to me, fag face? You're such a loser. And your boat, which is a
POS, reflects how little you've accomplished. Scum sailing aboard scum designed
by scum to sell to scum. And then it was used, unwanted scum and you still
bought it! You know it and so does everyone else. A nerve? LOL! You're caught
again and again. Even Mooron came to your rescue!

Bwahahahahahaha! There's your "nerve!"

RB

Bobsprit

Guess so.

Good, then we all agree. Scotty is scum!

RB