Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Walt

Default Swift Boat Liar Alfred French admits he's just repeating rumors...

Yup, he's just repeating the lies told to him by the other Swift Boat
Liars The Swift Boat Liars are amazing.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/orego...0303292321.xml

A Clackamas County prosecutor and decorated Vietnam veteran who
appears in an ad attacking Democratic presidential contender John F.
Kerry's war record said he did not witness the events in question and
is relying on the accounts of his friends who served with the senator.

[Alfred] French, in an interview Thursday, said Kerry lied about the
circumstances that led to one of his Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star.
Kerry received a Bronze Star, a Silver Star and three Purple Hearts
commanding a Swift boat in Vietnam.

French said he is relying on the accounts of three other veterans who
were friends of his at the time. A fourth veteran with whom French was
acquainted corroborated their accounts.

"I was not a witness to these events but my friends were," said
French, who was awarded two Bronze Stars during the war. "I believe
these people. These are people I served with."

One of the men is Larry Thurlow, a leader of the veterans group and
one of Kerry's most vocal critics. Thurlow, who served alongside
Kerry, has disputed Kerry's claim that the senator's boat was under
fire in March 1969 when he pulled Lt. Jim Rassmann out of the water.

But according to Thurlow's military records, obtained this week by The
Washington Post, the five-boat flotilla was under enemy fire that day.

--
// Walt
//