BoatBanter.com

-   -   Wondering about Neal? (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/21541-wondering-about-neal.html)

Thom Stewart August 15th 04 04:55 PM

Wondering about Neal?

Is anybody in touch with Neal or know where he is? Or how he is?

Post if you do please. I worry about him and the Banana Boat.

Ole Thom

Michael August 15th 04 08:06 PM

Last I heard was around Jan/Feb. Took off to the Bahamas I think. Had a
message from there anyway. Who knows maybe he stayed in Cuba?

M.

John Deere August 15th 04 10:20 PM

Thom Stewart wrote:

Is anybody in touch with Neal or know where he is? Or how he is?

Post if you do please. I worry about him and the Banana Boat.

Ole Thom

According to a google newsgroup search, "Capt. Neal" dropped off the face
of the newsgroup world on Dec 31, 2003. Since he was in Florida, maybe he
sold the boat and took up golf or shuffle board. From his posts, he sounds
about 80 years old, so ... who knows? Check the obits.

One of the last posts:
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=3f...ost.usenet.com

Walt August 16th 04 02:57 AM

Thom Stewart wrote:

Is anybody in touch with Neal or know where he is? Or how he is?

Post if you do please. I worry about him and the Banana Boat.

Last thing I heard was this kook-o-gram he managed to get published in
the local newspaper about two months ago:
http://www.keystimes.com/2004/june/0615/letters.shtml (scroll down)

From the sound of it, they still haven't gotten his meds right.

Actually, I think he's still here posting under a variety of
sock-puppets. I wouldn't worry. Or if I was inclined to worry, I'd
find something more important to worry about.

--
// Walt
//

Joe August 16th 04 03:24 AM

(Thom Stewart) wrote in message ...
Is anybody in touch with Neal or know where he is? Or how he is?

Post if you do please. I worry about him and the Banana Boat.

Ole Thom

He sent me an email a few weeks ago. Said he was in Cuba working as a
charter Capt until he had enough money to load his boat to the gunnels
with Havanas finest cigars. Plans to be back just in time to make sure
Bush take Florida again.

He's staying at Hemmingway marina and has a hot 16 Y.O. deckhand
named Katy wearing out and sweating up his purple Naugahide ;o)

Joe

Bart Senior August 16th 04 04:17 AM

A man in a yellow boat was spotted off Cuba with a
boatload of young girls.

Anyone who knows Neal, knows where he is.

If the Coasties don't have him in the brig, Neal is smoking
Cohiba's, and enjoying a slender shapely Cuban's. In
either case, I suspect he has no reason to return any time
soon.

Bart

"Thom Stewart" wrote

Scott Vernon August 16th 04 04:39 AM

I've *always* wondered about Neal.

Scotty

katysails August 16th 04 05:04 AM

I've *always* wondered about Neal.

Scotty

Why?

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Jonathan Ganz August 16th 04 06:11 AM

More likely he's on a barstool somewhere.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

. ..