Thom Stewart

Default A great sail/ good news

It was a nice sail. What made it great was I have a new nieghbor in the
Cul-de-Sac and he is a sailor!

He is a Hobie sailor from British Columbia Lakes and new to salt water
sailing.

I introduced him to "Pneuma" yesterday and it was love at first sight. I
do believe I have a new crewman, with summers off. He is a teacher.

Just what this old man needed. It is getting tougher all the time to
single hand. I have to admit I need help :-(

Took him out yesterday for a sail ( more as a check out) He passed with
flying colors. He knews sail trim. I wasn't to sure about his feelings
about a Mono Hull?

As the wind started to fade, I hand him the bag with the 170 Drifter. He
rigged it. Flying behind the Furler and had another 2 hrs sail. Finished
off with sailing back to the slip. Went great!

I over

katysails

Thom, I'm glad you've found someone to sail with...ya know, you started in
the thing about not being able to singlehand anymore three eyars ago, and we
all told you to keep at it and you have...you are one tenacious person and
have beat the odds time and time again in the past 4 years....I'm sure your
sailing days are nowhere near done....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Thom Stewart

Mich,

You're going to meet Don. I've already informed him he was drafted for
your shakedown.

We'll be ready when ever you splash!

Ole Thom
P/S I've been leaving "The Jazz" in the air condition house and she does
OK, as long as I'm home to feed her.