John Cairns

Default We got stomped

Hopefully will pull in at least one flag at Bay Week, finished 3rd across
the line last night, corrected to last. The skipper didn't say much about
it, but does anyone out there know the weight limit for a 39' boat. Is it
length dependent or what? Several of us were commenting on the # of crew
they had on board, the son of one of our crew who was aboard counted 14,
someone mentioned that their weight limit would be 2500 lbs. Comments?
John Cairns

Bob Crantz

Did you have fun at least?

*************

"No, a man does not fight to win, it is more noble when the fight is in
vain!"

**************

CYRANO:
The autumn leaves!

ROXANE (lifting her head, and looking down the distant alley):
Soft golden brown, like a Venetian's hair.
--See how they fall!

CYRANO:
Ay, see how brave they fall,
In their last journey downward from the bough,
To rot within the clay; yet, lovely still,
Hiding the horror of the last decay,
With all the wayward grace of careless flight!

*********************

BC

"John Cairns" wrote in message
news
Hopefully will pull in at least one flag at Bay Week, finished 3rd across
the line last night, corrected to last. The skipper didn't say much about
it, but does anyone out there know the weight limit for a 39' boat. Is it
length dependent or what? Several of us were commenting on the # of crew
they had on board, the son of one of our crew who was aboard counted 14,
someone mentioned that their weight limit would be 2500 lbs. Comments?
John Cairns

Horvath

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:04:23 -0400, "John Cairns"
wrote this crap:

Hopefully will pull in at least one flag at Bay Week, finished 3rd across
the line last night, corrected to last. The skipper didn't say much about
it, but does anyone out there know the weight limit for a 39' boat. Is it
length dependent or what? Several of us were commenting on the # of crew
they had on board, the son of one of our crew who was aboard counted 14,
someone mentioned that their weight limit would be 2500 lbs. Comments?
John Cairns

You weren't on Jazzy? They took first place last night.

Are you doing the Deep Water? On what boat? I'll be on Erie Grog.
But I'll be racing Bay Week on Orange Crate, a custom built Davis 30.

SAIL LOCO

PHRF doesn't have a weight limit. The use a max number for the amount of crew
that can be onboard. A thirty footer can have 8. A 35 footer can have 10.
Don't know how many a 30 footer can have.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"
John Cairns

Not doing the deep water, don't know why, could be lack of crew I suppose.
Have had difficulty getting folks to show up for the Wednesday night races,
even more difficulty with the weekend races. I guess Jazzy must have raced
with you guys last night? We'll be racing and partying with Jazzy and Jump
II at Bay Week, crewing on Shenanigan, of course.
John Cairns
wrote this crap:

Hopefully will pull in at least one flag at Bay Week, finished 3rd across
the line last night, corrected to last. The skipper didn't say much about
it, but does anyone out there know the weight limit for a 39' boat. Is it
length dependent or what? Several of us were commenting on the # of crew
they had on board, the son of one of our crew who was aboard counted 14,
someone mentioned that their weight limit would be 2500 lbs. Comments?
John Cairns

You weren't on Jazzy? They took first place last night.

Are you doing the Deep Water? On what boat? I'll be on Erie Grog.
But I'll be racing Bay Week on Orange Crate, a custom built Davis 30.

Steve Thomas

Weight limit is dependant on more than just LOA, but the Lake Erie PHRF crew
handicap for a basic C&C 39 is 2283 pounds.

Here is a link to their website.

http://www.phrf-le.org/

"John Cairns" wrote in message
news
Hopefully will pull in at least one flag at Bay Week, finished 3rd across
the line last night, corrected to last. The skipper didn't say much about
it, but does anyone out there know the weight limit for a 39' boat. Is it
length dependent or what? Several of us were commenting on the # of crew
they had on board, the son of one of our crew who was aboard counted 14,
someone mentioned that their weight limit would be 2500 lbs. Comments?
John Cairns

SAIL LOCO

,Wow! Where did you hear that crap?.

How about the PHRF rulebook. (See copy below) In most areas that I know of
only 1 design fleets have weight limits. Any other questions?

Crew Limitations for PHRF of the Chesapeake, Inc.
Boat LOA (ft.) Maximum Allowable Crew
20.00 to 22.50 5
22.51 to 25.00 6
25.01 to 27.50 7
27.51 to 30.00 8
30.01 to 33.00 9
33.01 to 36.00 10
36.01 to 39.00 11
39.01 to 42.00 12
42.01 to 45.00 13
45.01 to 48.00 14
48.01 to 51.00 15
51.01 to 54.00 16
over 54.00 Add 1 for each 4ft.

Children 14 years and under do not count against crew limitation. Sailboats
racing with PHRF ODR (One Design Rating) rating certificates will have crew
limitations as established by the national One Design class rules.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"Trains are a winter sport"
SAIL LOCO

Gee, no apology.