Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bart Senior

Default Kerry on waving the flag

KERRY: Look. Do you know that athletes going to
the Olympics in Greece have been warned not to wave
the American flag or show exuberance if they win? That
is extraordinary. I intend to restore America's ability to
fly the American flag in parts of the world and for people
to look up to what it means again. This administration has
lost us respect around the world, and I believe it's partly
because we have not shown the patience and the maturity
and the kind of dignity in leadership that we have traditionally
shown. Ronald Reagan reached out to Gorbachev, did a
better job of trying to use the alliances of a century in order
to protect our interests.

************************************

Iit is not true. Athletes going to the Olympics in Greece have
not been warned not to wave the American flag or show
exuberance. The IOC and the American Olympic committee
said no, we were not told by the state department; we've not
told anybody that. This is a rumor going around, and Kerry
either doesn't know it or does know it's a rumor and is
repeating it.

Kerry blames us for this. He believes that it is an act of
provocation to display the American flag at the Olympics and
it's our fault, because we've got a president that has lost us
respect in the world, our fault. It's just like this stupid idiot
Senate intelligence report, 9/11 was our fault. We allowed it
to happen. Our intelligence wasn't good enough. The people
that did it are not to blame. We are. This is classic liberalism.
America is always to blame. It's our fault.

Liberals aren't proud to be American's, they'd rather undermine
than support, and accept the presumption that America is always
at fault. Kery would rather tear down our economy so that our
standard of living is lower--like the rest of the world--so they will
like us more.