Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bart Senior

Default Kerry on terrorism

HEINZ-KERRY: I don't know. I think most Americans
subconsciously believe something is going to happen. It's a
matter of when. And it's a matter of how.

KING: Strange way to live, though.

HEINZ-KERRY: Yeah. But you know, Europeans have
lived that way and other people around the world have
lived that way. Americans have been very safe, at least as
a nation.

This is classic liberalism. The Europeans pay five bucks a
gallon; so should we. It's not fair.

The Europeans undergo terrorist attacks; so should we.

We are unreasonable, the Americans. We have unreasonable
expectations. Our expectations are too high. The idea that we
should live in peace without these constant threats? We're not
being realistic.

We've got to get with the real world. The rest of the world
lives under torture. The rest of the world lives under constant
threat of attack. The real world lives with a lot less prosperity
than we have. We don't know how good we've got it. We've
got to be more like them. That is classic liberalism.