Capt. Mooron

Default Permit required to leave the US by boat

We probably didn't notice you guys "Invading"... since so many of you are
already here and like it better than your own country.

Either that or the Metric System screwed you up again. ;-)

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| We already tried War on Canada. It didn't work out.
|
| --
| "j" ganz @@
| www.sailnow.com
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Well not exactly 'legal'... but the courts refuse to prosecute because
| it's
| an infringement on our Charter Of Rights. Courts refuse to prosecute and
| cops refuse to arrest. Full legalization is a year or 2 away.... but
| heck.... nobody is being arrested.
|
| We're facing all kinds of threats from the USA if we proceed because it
| would hold their "War on Drugs" to ridicule! Oh well... here's hoping
they
| get over it! ;-)
|
| BTW - why is you guys always have to be at "War" about something???
|
| CM
|

| "Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message
| | Capt.,
| | Legal eh. What a concept. Bet your prisons aren't as over crowded
as
| | ours are either.
| | Paul
| |
| | "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| | news | |
| | It's not like we have a big smuggling problem... pot is legal!
| |
| | ;-)
| |
| | CM
| |
| |
| |
| |

Jonathan Ganz

Doesn't have of the 35% have to be in French?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:55:59 -0300, "Capt. Mooron"
said:

Oh Gosh No... I get Fox here on the television. I always wear my American
Flag Bandana when I watch. ;-)

I'm talking about the Fox News channel, not regular Fox network. According
to today's WSJ they've been trying to get in since 1999, but have been

shut
out because they weren't willing to provide 35% Canadian content;

according
to the Journal piece Fox has received thousands of calls and e-mails
requesting the news channel. Only ones legally getting it are Parliament,
which got a feed last August. Perhaps you're among the 1 million Canadian
households grabbing U.S. signals illegally?

But hey, you're getting al-Jazeera.

Dave
S/V Good Fortune
CS27

Who goes duck hunting with Jamie Gorelick?

Norm Taylor

Just for the record, the 300 mile limit is a fishing management area, not to
be confused with the the typical 12 mile limit to international waters.

"andrew m. boardman" wrote in message

| Hmm? Acccording to a boilerplate note on every US chart I've got, the

US
| territorial sea is also 12 miles. (It was expanded on 27 December

1988.)

Whoa Nellie..... Canada claims a 300 mile limit! I thought the USA did as
well!

CM

Capt. Mooron

"Dave" wrote in message
| On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:55:59 -0300, "Capt. Mooron"
| said:
|
| Oh Gosh No... I get Fox here on the television. I always wear my American
| Flag Bandana when I watch. ;-)
|
| I'm talking about the Fox News channel, not regular Fox network. According
| to today's WSJ they've been trying to get in since 1999, but have been
shut
| out because they weren't willing to provide 35% Canadian content;
according
| to the Journal piece Fox has received thousands of calls and e-mails
| requesting the news channel. Only ones legally getting it are Parliament,
| which got a feed last August. Perhaps you're among the 1 million Canadian
| households grabbing U.S. signals illegally?

Don't the Fox Channel have Fox News?? I got cable... so I get CNN, FOX,
NBC, TBS, A&E, TLC, Detriot Public, BBC, and of course the CBC. Never Mind
Much Music and all the Movie Channels as well as Cell phone and Internet
bundle. I've never seen Canadian Content on CNN or NBC.

| But hey, you're getting al-Jazeera.

No... I don't think that will happen. Most of the Muslims are watching
American News Broadcasts to prepare for crossing the border into the USA.
You should see how many Muslims are lined up at the US Embassy getting
VISAS!!
The sooner we get them processed and out of here the better as far as I'm
concerned. ;-)
Click Click Click....... Whir-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r....BOOM!

CM

Capt. Mooron

Nope... we can sub-title that for the Muslims... most of the rest of us
already speak some French.

CM

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
| Doesn't have of the 35% have to be in French?
|
| --
| "j" ganz @@
| www.sailnow.com
|
| "Dave" wrote in message
| On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:55:59 -0300, "Capt. Mooron"
| said:
|
| Oh Gosh No... I get Fox here on the television. I always wear my
American
| Flag Bandana when I watch. ;-)
|
| I'm talking about the Fox News channel, not regular Fox network.
According
| to today's WSJ they've been trying to get in since 1999, but have been
| shut
| out because they weren't willing to provide 35% Canadian content;
| according
| to the Journal piece Fox has received thousands of calls and e-mails
| requesting the news channel. Only ones legally getting it are
Parliament,
| which got a feed last August. Perhaps you're among the 1 million
Canadian
| households grabbing U.S. signals illegally?
|
| But hey, you're getting al-Jazeera.
|
| Dave
| S/V Good Fortune
| CS27
|
| Who goes duck hunting with Jamie Gorelick?

Capt. Mooron

Look Dude... we're out there boarding vessels and towing them in if they
break the law really really really badly.

CM

"Norm Taylor" wrote in message
| Just for the record, the 300 mile limit is a fishing management area, not
| be confused with the the typical 12 mile limit to international waters.
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
|
| "andrew m. boardman" wrote in message
|
| | Hmm? Acccording to a boilerplate note on every US chart I've got, the
| US
| | territorial sea is also 12 miles. (It was expanded on 27 December
| 1988.)
|
| Whoa Nellie..... Canada claims a 300 mile limit! I thought the USA did
as
| well!
|
| CM

Scott Vernon

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Well not exactly 'legal'... but the courts refuse to prosecute because

it's
an infringement on our Charter Of Rights. Courts refuse to prosecute and
cops refuse to arrest. Full legalization is a year or 2 away.... but
heck.... nobody is being arrested.

We're facing all kinds of threats from the USA if we proceed because it
would hold their "War on Drugs" to ridicule! Oh well... here's hoping they
get over it! ;-)

BTW - why is you guys always have to be at "War" about something???

CM

"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message
| Capt.,
| Legal eh. What a concept. Bet your prisons aren't as over crowded as
| ours are either.
| Paul
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| news |
| It's not like we have a big smuggling problem... pot is legal!
|
| ;-)
|
| CM

Scott Vernon

"Capt. Mooron" wrote
BTW - why is you guys always have to be at "War" about something???

it's profitable.

Capt. Mooron

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote
| BTW - why is you guys always have to be at "War" about something???
|
| it's profitable.

Point taken...... but so are drugs!

CM

Capt. Mooron

"Dave" wrote in message
| It will. CRTC just granted al-Jazeera a Canadian license.

Oh Great.... now we'll be forever getting them across the border.

CM

offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
wanted: live-aboard boaters Power & Motoryacht Cruising 6 September 16th 03 02:25 AM