Capt. Mooron

Default 3 days of Great Wind

Great 3 days of sailing! Playing around the islands of the south shore.
Yesterday was fantastic.... 22kts of wind with gusts to 40kts. I saw a few
of the other boats head out early and get knocked over hard before scurrying
back. I put 2 reefs in the main and a 110 jib. Perfect set-up.... we made
great time and the gusts didn't even spill the drinks!!

We sailed from Mahone Bay to East Ironbound Island just past Big Tancook! I
think it's about 11 miles one way..... then around the Island to pick up
some seas and look for the pod of Seis I know hang there, before making an
exhilarating reach back on a developing front with building wind and seas.
One of those days when everyone has a grin ear to ear.

Last night we stayed up late to anchor at Bachman's Island and watched the
cloud lightening and felt the thunder huddled safe and warm in the cockpit.
This morning the nieces & nephews practiced their knots [today's lesson was
the single hand bowline] and Dory rowing. The sail back was excellent. Full
canvas draw in 15 kts... dead down wind then circle up and snagged the
mooring under sail. We dropped the laundry like pros and flaked the main
then washed the boat.

Now I have more yard work to attend before heading back to work at the Park.
I landed another contract.

CM

Bobspirt

Congratulations. Sounds like a fine sail. Nice to see a trip report that does
not involve "pics" of fat ladies steering or sloppy sailhandling and that you
sailed more than 1/2 mile from home.
Scott Vernon

Sounds good. We had a GREAT sail on Sat., blowing steady around 10kts,
perfect wind for the Admiral aboard, enough to sail at 4.5~5 kts and not
heel too much. Sailed to Pooles Is. and went swimming, had lunch, sailed
back to marina to watch the fireworks with friends (had 8 people on the
boat). Sun., was cloudy, windless, hot & humid , motorsailed to cove, went
swimming, lunch, motored back to slip just before the rain started. It
poured, went home.

--
Scotty
S/V Lisa Marie