JAXAshby

Default SAILING GROUNDS

They were going south, you were going north.

How so?

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
: nah. the entire fleet of schooner made a
mockery of you.
:
: From: "Pony Express"

: Date: 6/27/2004 7:34 PM Eastern Standard Time
.net
:
: No, he was on my boat, and we sailed north
under a
: full and drawing 1/4 oz spinnaker. That is,
until
: a front approached and brought rain and 20k
wind
: from the northwest.
: S
:
: "JAXAshby" wrote in message
:

: : you drifted north with the current for a
couple
: hours until the wind filled
: : back in.
: :
: : you were a sloop headed north, the race was
: schooners headed south.
: :
: : yes, well, we sailed home.
: :
: : Scotty
: :
: : "JAXAshby" wrote in
message
: :
:

: ...
: : and we were leading and continued to
lead.
: :
: : while at anchor. Yup.
: :
: : we were the last to anchor and the first
: up anchor. The wind failed
: : from
: : the north and recovered from the south.
The
: few that didn't anchor were
: : set
: : north with the current.
: :
: :
: :
: :
: :
: :
: :
: :
: :
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

Pony Express

Yeah, I was going home. And sailed all the way.
How does that make a mockery of me?

: "JAXAshby" wrote in message
:

: : nah. the entire fleet of schooner made a
: mockery of you.
: :
: : From: "Pony Express"
:
: : Date: 6/27/2004 7:34 PM Eastern Standard
Time
in

: .net
: :
: : No, he was on my boat, and we sailed north
: under a
: : full and drawing 1/4 oz spinnaker. That is,
: until
: : a front approached and brought rain and 20k
: wind
: : from the northwest.
: : S
: :
: : "JAXAshby" wrote in
message
: :
:

: ...
: : : you drifted north with the current for a
: couple
: : hours until the wind filled
: : : back in.
: : :
: : : you were a sloop headed north, the race
was
: : schooners headed south.
: : :
: : : yes, well, we sailed home.
: : :
: : : Scotty
: : :
: : : "JAXAshby" wrote in
: message
: : :
: :
:

: m
: : ...
[...]

katysails

Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Muskegon Lake, Lake Macatawa, Portage
Lake, White Lake, Bostwick Lake, Reeds Lake, and a number of other small
Michigan lakes....the Gulf of Mexico....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Pony Express

Let's use a little common sense. It was a
schooner race. My boat is not a schooner. Why
would I want to be part of it.
I think I made a mockery of all the schooners as I
was the only boat sailing before the start. All
the schooners motored to the start. Is it my
fault that I can sail in less than a knot of
breeze?

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
: the world was southbound. :-)
:
: "JAXAshby" wrote in message
:

: : They were going south, you were going north.
: :
: : How so?
: : S
: :
: : "JAXAshby" wrote in
message
: :
:

: ...
: : : nah. the entire fleet of schooner made a
: : mockery of you.
: : :
: : : From: "Pony Express"
: :
: : : Date: 6/27/2004 7:34 PM Eastern Standard
: Time
: : : Message-id:
: :
:
li

: k
: : .net
: : :
: : : No, he was on my boat, and we sailed
north
: : under a
: : : full and drawing 1/4 oz spinnaker. That
is,
: : until
: : : a front approached and brought rain and
20k
: : wind
: : : from the northwest.
: : : S
: : :
: : : "JAXAshby" wrote in
: message
: : :
: :
:

: m
: : ...
: : : : you drifted north with the current for
: : couple
: : : hours until the wind filled
: : : : back in.
: : : :
: : : : you were a sloop headed north, the race
: was
: : : schooners headed south.
: : : :
: : : : yes, well, we sailed home.
: : : :
: : : : Scotty
: : : :
: : : : "JAXAshby" wrote in
: : message
: : : :
: : :
: :
:
.

: o
: : m
: : : ...
: : : : and we were leading and continued
: : lead.
: : : :
: : : : while at anchor. Yup.
: : : :
[...]

JAXAshby

relax. southbound, northbound, eastbound, no difference. Unless, of course, a
southbounder insisted that southbound is the right direction. [grin]

Let's use a little common sense. It was a
schooner race. My boat is not a schooner. Why
would I want to be part of it.
I think I made a mockery of all the schooners as I
was the only boat sailing before the start. All
the schooners motored to the start. Is it my
fault that I can sail in less than a knot of
breeze?

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
: the world was southbound. :-)
:
: "JAXAshby" wrote in message
:

[...]

Remco Moedt

On 27 Jun 2004 17:10:17 GMT, "Scott Vernon"
wrote:

Wally hasn't seen the Jax pics?

Evil URL snipped

Great.

Suddenly this donut doesn't taste that good anymore.....anyone wants
one?

Cheers!

Remco

Flying Tadpole

Scott Vernon wrote:

Wally hasn't seen the Jax pics?

http://fathom.org/teemingmillions/jaxascii.html

I think Opalcat deserves a round of applause for removing those
disgusting images and replacing them with pure text.

--
Flying Tadpole

Break Away, Sail Away and putz away
now at http://music.download.com/internetopera