BoatBanter.com

-   -   We're Back! (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/20043-were-back.html)

Scott Vernon June 19th 04 08:13 AM

We're Back!

"Flying Tadpole" wrote

HONEY! where's my gig?

Too late Scotty. Your sad secret is now all over the internet.
Google on "handholding" & "scotty"

PLONK!

SAIL LOCO June 19th 04 01:17 PM

We're Back!

The author suggested installing
a zinc on the shaft between the coupling and the packing gland, if something
happens to the coupling it could keep the shaft from falling out of the
boat.

A hose clamp works fine.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

katysails June 19th 04 02:15 PM

We're Back!

Scotty exclaimed: Would you stop that! Now!

No, he won't. He gets vicarious thrills setting us up for these little
"events" and then walking away claiming his soul is unsullied and pristine.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails June 19th 04 02:16 PM

We're Back!

PLONK!

OMG! Scotty...you can't do that to Taddy! That's like not believing in God
anymore!
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails June 19th 04 02:17 PM

We're Back!

Taddy calimed: I didn't get any end in.

And never will....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails June 19th 04 02:18 PM

We're Back!

Taddy asked;
Hey, what's with all this tadpole squishing all of a sudden?

It was your turn...it keeps you humble...
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Bart Senior June 19th 04 03:25 PM

We're Back!

You must have some plans. What's next for the boat?

Seahag wrote

I gave up making plans a long time ago. We almost cancelled the haul out
'cuz Bill had to shoot Regan's funeral. (He was on the capitol steps and
did all the crane shots.) Hopefully we'll cruise around locally and learn
how she handles.

Seahag

"Bart Senior" wrote:

Good luck. What are your plans for the season?

Flying Tadpole June 19th 04 03:57 PM

We're Back!

katysails wrote:

PLONK!

OMG! Scotty...you can't do that to Taddy! That's like not believing in God
anymore!
--

Ah well, we all have these little lapses from time to time. Hey,
currently I don't believe I'm God either.

Perhaps you'd better tell him that almost all the
Scotty/handholding referneces appearing on a simple Google
concern some TV show or film or something, about spaceships...

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Faint echoes, sometimes inaudible, of the newsgroup's glorious
past are downloadable at http://music.download.com/internetopera

Scott Vernon June 19th 04 04:43 PM

We're Back!

"Flying Tadpole" wrote

Hey,
currently I don't believe I'm God either.

Yes you do.

Perhaps you'd better tell him that almost all the
Scotty/handholding referneces appearing on a simple Google
concern some TV show or film or something, about spaceships...

No need to apoligise. It was a fake 'plonk'.

;)