Bobsprit

Default What If # 6

If you just started a 4 week cruise, How in the hell can you be out of
radio range?

You're kidding right? I don't list the local and it's entirely possible to be
out of VHF range in less than a day from a vareity of start points. Use your
imagination.

RB
John Cairns

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
If you just started a 4 week cruise, How in the hell can you be out of
radio range?

You're kidding right? I don't list the local and it's entirely possible to

be
out of VHF range in less than a day from a vareity of start points. Use

your
imagination.

RB

In your case, entirely likely that you'll ever be out of cell phone range,
let alone VHF.
John Cairns

Thom Stewart

Thanks John,

I really don't think it takes much imagination to figure, Start is from
your home moorage. If you aren't there you're already in the act of
cruising.

With Nutsy though, No one is sure. Least of all Nutsy!

Ole Thom

Capt. Mooron

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| You're kidding right? I don't list the local and it's entirely possible to
be
| out of VHF range in less than a day from a vareity of start points. Use
your
| imagination.

No Bob... it's NOT possible at your lattitudes.

CM

Scott Vernon

boob, everyone here already knows you're an idiot, you don't need to prove
it.

Sv

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
You actualy took a pic of your radio and
put it on the web??????

far left: FRS/GMRS radios
Night Owl 10X50 Monocular
center: Wind meter, nightvision, Icom M1v, Garmin Map 76.
below: OC Weather alert radio
right: Fujinon floating binoculars with compass and case.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/bstuf55.jpg

RB

Bobsprit

| out of VHF range in less than a day from a vareity of start points. Use
your
| imagination.

No Bob... it's NOT possible at your lattitudes.

Again, location was not given.

RB
Capt. Mooron

It's not possible at locations above the 65th either...... if you know you
don't have communications it's imperative to have an idea of bathymetric
topography in the area you sail.

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| | out of VHF range in less than a day from a vareity of start points. Use
| your
| | imagination.
|
| No Bob... it's NOT possible at your latitudes.
|
| Again, location was not given.
|
| RB

Bobsprit

It's not possible at locations above the 65th either...

Mooron, can you read? No location was given. What are you babbling about?

RB
Capt. Mooron

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| It's not possible at locations above the 65th either...
|
| Mooron, can you read? No location was given. What are you babbling about?

I can read just fine.... but if you are going to make incredulous
postulations involving a sailing trip of radically short distances and yet
claim no communication abilities available.... I believe I have the
obligation to request a geographic location.

Seriously Bob.... you may as well claim the vessel was on another planet!

CM