Bobsprit

Default Watkins 27

Yesterday I was aboard a sailboat that may truly be worse than Scotty Potti's
Siedlemann. The Watkins was just terribly built, beamy beyond reason and a
sailing tugboat. I was helping someone calibrate a new set of instruments and
had to circle the boat a few times. We decided to raise sail. The poor boat
barely sailed upwind at all and was easily overpowered in the small gusts. Fit
and finish was terrible as well. Yuck!

RB
SAIL LOCO

I'm sure everyone else here is as impressed as I am with your takes on other
boats. With your total lack of knowledge you should spare us your mini
"reviews" We all know you know nothing about boats. Your just trying to make
yourself apear knowledgable to newbies.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"
DSK

SAIL LOCO wrote:
I'm sure everyone else here is as impressed as I am with your takes on other
boats.

Oh yes, at least as much

... Your just trying to make
yourself apear knowledgable to newbies.

Or to 13 year old runaways.

Bubbles is nuts.

DSK

Bobsprit

Your just trying to make
yourself apear knowledgable to newbies.

What newbie's are you talking about, daysailor? Did YOU ever sail a Watkins?

RB
SAIL LOCO

What newbie's are you talking about, daysailor? Did YOU ever sail a
Watkins?

No, I never wanted to. Too heavy.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Bobsprit

What newbie's are you talking about, daysailor? Did YOU ever sail a
Watkins?

No, I never wanted to. Too heavy.

Wow. If you think that's too heavy, you probably haven't sailed a lot of great
boats. No surprise.

RB
Bobsprit

Huge interior and plenty of storage for the size of the boat, and a
low price. He was more interested in the dockside accommodations than
sailing performance, and with shore power and lots of space it suited him to
a T.

Yeah, it was big down below, but not very nice. Bigger than a Cat27 and the
cockpit was huge. I could see the practical angle for an elderly sailor.

RB
Roy G. Biv

Watkins 27 are purpose built as coastal cruisers, not racers.

I have had mine about 22 years. Its great for what I use it for
(Keys/Tortugas/Bahamas), lots of storage, put davits on the stern to
hoist the 8' hard dink.

watkins homepage w/link to email group, 2nd annual watkins rendevous
somewhere up in Chesapeak bay area.

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/watkinssailboats/

(Bobsprit) wrote in message

Huge interior and plenty of storage for the size of the boat, and a
low price. He was more interested in the dockside accommodations than
sailing performance, and with shore power and lots of space it suited him to
a T.

Thom Stewart

Nutsy;

The Watkin 27 was designed for sailors, just like you.

Roomy (Beamy), cheap to give the appearance of having a Motor Sailer at
RC price, Sails to let them move about in the wind but not really any
place to go, an engine to get them to Oyster Bay for a BBQ, Cabin size
for guests and photo shoots.

I would have thought it was right up your alley.

I'm sure you could mount a Step Ladder on the stern without to much
trouble.

You could alway lie about how fast you can sail. No problem for you.

Plenty of room for your TV, DVD, Sound System, VCR;----- Man, you could
be a crowd all by yourself in any anchorage

Ole Thom

Roy G. Biv

2nd try

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/watkinssailboats/