BoatBanter.com

-   -   PING: Oz1 (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/19894-ping-oz1.html)

Seahag June 4th 04 02:43 PM

PING: Oz1

Finally got around to using the Mother's clear coat wax on Clementine. Nice
stuff, thanks! Their 'Back to Black' really cleaned up my fenders too!

Seahag

Flying Tadpole June 5th 04 07:33 AM

PING: Oz1

Seahag wrote:

Their 'Back to Black' really cleaned up my fenders too!

What??!!! Aren't you keeping them in fender protectors?
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
http://musicdownload.com/internetopera

Seahag June 5th 04 04:48 PM

PING: Oz1

"Flying Tadpole" wrote:

Seahag wrote:

Their 'Back to Black' really cleaned up my fenders too!

What??!!! Aren't you keeping them in fender protectors?

Yeah, the terry cloth sorta softens the lines of the Jeep!

Seahag

Flying Tadpole June 6th 04 12:55 AM

PING: Oz1

Seahag wrote:

"Flying Tadpole" wrote:

Seahag wrote:

Their 'Back to Black' really cleaned up my fenders too!

What??!!! Aren't you keeping them in fender protectors?

Yeah, the terry cloth sorta softens the lines of the Jeep!

....AND it allows you to wipe up pedestrians more cleanly...
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------

Scott Vernon June 6th 04 02:31 AM

PING: Oz1

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message

Seahag wrote:

"Flying Tadpole" wrote:

Seahag wrote:

Their 'Back to Black' really cleaned up my fenders too!

What??!!! Aren't you keeping them in fender protectors?

Yeah, the terry cloth sorta softens the lines of the Jeep!

...AND it allows you to wipe up pedestrians more cleanly...
--
Flying Tadpole

You've seen her drive, then? I have!

Scotty

Flying Tadpole June 8th 04 02:14 AM

PING: Oz1

Seahag wrote:

"Flying Tadpole" wrote:

Seahag wrote:

Their 'Back to Black' really cleaned up my fenders too!

What??!!! Aren't you keeping them in fender protectors?

Yeah, the terry cloth sorta softens the lines of the Jeep!

...AND it allows you to wipe up pedestrians more cleanly...
--
Flying Tadpole

You've seen her drive, then? I have!

Hmmm, it figures... My experience of friends and relatives is
that the longer they've spent at sea, the worse their driving,
the ultimate being my brother who's spent his life at sea. I
think it has something to do with being able to look in another
direction for several minutes while your boat/ship holds her
course herself...

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
The sailing newsgroups' anthem "A Flight of Monkeys Pure" now
downloadable at http://music.download.com/internetopera

katysails June 8th 04 11:46 AM

PING: Oz1

think it has something to do with being able to look in another
direction for several minutes while your boat/ship holds her
course herself...

Nah...they get used to driving everywhere without roads and feel constrained
when landbound to have to color in between the lines...

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails June 8th 04 11:47 AM

PING: Oz1

Scotty said:
I installed an autopilot to my truck steering wheel last year..... it worked
well........ for a while.

Sometimes I think Mr Sails thinks the cruise control on our cars is
autopilot....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Thom Stewart June 8th 04 04:03 PM

PING: Oz1

Tad,

I think the driving bit is the mental set of steering a compass heading
rather than a road.

OT

Navigator June 8th 04 10:49 PM

PING: Oz1

Perhaps it was too powerful for the wheel?

Cheers