Bobsprit

Default Boat Query

A friend is looking at a C&C 39. He has two kids and his Cape Dory 33 is
getting very small.

Looks like this:
http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/brochur...9landb1p08.jpg

Outside of the rather high coaming, looks okay and it's a C&C. Anyone ever sail
one of these?

Thanks,

RB
Bart Senior

I would not call it a high coaming. It's a center cockpit. I don't think
the
proportions look good for a center cockpit until you are at least 44'.

It looks like the prop is too small. I'd guess it needs a longer shaft,
bigger folding or feathering prop, and perhaps the strut moved.

What year is it?

Bart

Bobsprit wrote

A friend is looking at a C&C 39. He has two kids and his Cape Dory 33 is
getting very small.

Looks like this:
http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/brochur...9landb1p08.jpg

Outside of the rather high coaming, looks okay and it's a C&C. Anyone ever

sail
one of these?

Bobsprit

I would not call it a high coaming. It's a center cockpit. I don't think
the
proportions look good for a center cockpit until you are at least 44'.

A generally agree. The C&C 43 Landfall CC looks much better. But the 39 offers
a lot and I suspect it will sail well. I was hoping someone here had sailed
one. Not sure of the year of the one in question. He can buy it for 69K, well
below average and she has no major issues beyond tired sails.

RB
Navigator

Bart Senior wrote:

I would not call it a high coaming. It's a center cockpit. I don't think
the
proportions look good for a center cockpit until you are at least 44'.

True.

Cheers