Jeff Morris

Default Old Ironsides

The yard couldn't launch Loki on Tuesday, so I spent a few hours on the
Constitution (the first time in a few years without family!). As you can see,
she is very well taken care of.
http://www.sv-loki.com/Old_Ironsides/old_ironsides.html

BTW, Loki was launched Wednesday A.M., her sails are on (jiffy reefing is set
up!), head, water system, and fridge all check out. And I only ran aground once
going the 100 yards from the lift to my slip (Curse Negative Tides!).

Maybe this weekend I'll actually go sailing!

--
-jeff www.sv-loki.com
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I

DSK

Jeff Morris wrote:
The yard couldn't launch Loki on Tuesday, so I spent a few hours on the
Constitution (the first time in a few years without family!). As you can see,
she is very well taken care of.
http://www.sv-loki.com/Old_Ironsides/old_ironsides.html

Thanks for the pics. Why are they hoisting signals to the fore yard? I
thought that's what the crossjack was for. Also I wonder if I can get a
grog barrel like that one...

BTW, Loki was launched Wednesday A.M., her sails are on (jiffy reefing is set
up!), head, water system, and fridge all check out.

Congrats... hope you are off to a great season.

... And I only ran aground once
going the 100 yards from the lift to my slip (Curse Negative Tides!).

Well, we say around here "If you haven't run aground, you haven't really
been anywhere."

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

otnmbrd

Nice pics, thanks

G In over 50 years of being on the water, I've been aground 5 times.
Twice was my own screw-up (I claim youtandinexperience eg), twice I
was "spectator", and once, it was the "pilot" (but since I was Master,
it was still my screw-up).
Hmmmm That's once every ten years ..... uhoh, I'm overdue.....

otn

Joe

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message ...
The yard couldn't launch Loki on Tuesday, so I spent a few hours on the
Constitution (the first time in a few years without family!). As you can see,
she is very well taken care of.
http://www.sv-loki.com/Old_Ironsides/old_ironsides.html

Thanks, Nice pics. But couldent you find steel straps holing the hull together?
And you missed the firepumps runnin full speed 24/7.

BTW, Loki was launched Wednesday A.M., her sails are on (jiffy reefing is set
up!), head, water system, and fridge all check out. And I only ran aground once
going the 100 yards from the lift to my slip (Curse Negative Tides!).

Wonder what the world would be like without tides?

Maybe this weekend I'll actually go sailing!

Enjoy! We plan to kick off tonight.

Joe