Joe

Default Name Jim Boat Contest!

Lets give Jim a hand naming his new boat.

Mooron has suggested "Buttercup". its fitting but not salty enough.

I say Water Lilly.

Any other suggestions?

Joe
Wally

Joe wrote:

Lets give Jim a hand naming his new boat.

Mooron has suggested "Buttercup". its fitting but not salty enough.

I say Water Lilly.

Drogue.

--
Wally
www.artbywally.com

Bobsprit

"Wind and a Prayer"

"Water Log"

"Ship of Fool"

"Better than a Siedlemann"

And finally....."Capt.Size"

RB
Jonathan Ganz

JimMacButt

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
Lets give Jim a hand naming his new boat.

Mooron has suggested "Buttercup". its fitting but not salty enough.

I say Water Lilly.

Any other suggestions?

Joe

Horvath

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:43:50 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

JimMacButt

That's the gayest thing posted today.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe
Jonathan Ganz

You're the gayest thing on the newsgroup, well, you, Fat Boy,
and MacBoy anyway.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote this crap:

JimMacButt

That's the gayest thing posted today.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

Donal

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
Lets give Jim a hand naming his new boat.

Mooron has suggested "Buttercup". its fitting but not salty enough.

I say Water Lilly.

Any other suggestions?

"Dream come True".

Shame on the rest of you. You've all forgotten what it was like to buy
your first boat.

Regards

Donal

felton

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 22:14:41 +0100, "Donal"
wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
. com...
Lets give Jim a hand naming his new boat.

Mooron has suggested "Buttercup". its fitting but not salty enough.

I say Water Lilly.

Any other suggestions?

"Dream come True".

Shame on the rest of you. You've all forgotten what it was like to buy
your first boat.

Regards

Donal

In the spirit of compassion and compromise, how about
"I Must Have Been Dreaming"..?

John Cairns

"Donal" wrote in message
Shame on the rest of you. You've all forgotten what it was like to buy
your first boat.

Regards

Donal

You can't be serious. I do remember what it was like to buy my first boat,
one of the reasons I've posted some of the things I have to "jim" I also
owned an overrated pocket cruiser, I will at least give the builder some
credit as they are finally advertising the boat with some equipment, things
you'll need if you want to take your boat home when you buy it.
http://www.westwightpotter.com/p19options.htm mac still does not advertise
a realistic "sail-away" price.
When I purchased mine, they didn't advertise a "sail away" price, they are
now advertising(print media too) the boat with a price that more closely
reflects what you'll actually pay for one. Owners of these boats are quite
rabid about how much they love them and how great they are, but they're not
as great as you might think they are based on the hype. If I had had some
feedback of the nature of the kind we've been giving "jim", I might have
seriously reconsidered my purchase decision. Was the boat that bad? No,
probably not. Was the boat as good as it's hype? No, definitely not. They
used to advertise this boat as capable of crossing oceans, indeed, I recall
reading an account of a passage to the Bahamas from Fla. in a 15 foot
version of this boat, with three adults aboard! I try to give everyone the
benefit of the doubt, but I can't believe "jim" is serious. So, to sum it
all up:
A. "jim" is probably a troll, as evidenced by his correspondence with BS,
and the very content of his posts.
B. I would venture to guess that the overwhelming majority of first time
sailboat owners are novices, who can be expected to not know any better,
"jim" has been claiming otherwise since he first posted.
C. When you troll, you might hook a fish that you didn't intend to, like a 4
ft. mako, for example.
D. There is also the possibility that "jim" is chicken hawking for mac,
being a pimp is infinitely worse than being a rent boy, don't you think?

John Cairns