N1EE

Default Crew Needed -- Short Ocean Passage Cape May to Rhode Island

Anyone interested in crewing on a passage
from Annapolis to Rhode Island [somewhere
north of Newport]?

Departure Date: May 10th

Vessel is one of the ocean capable Beneteau
designs ~35 feet.

Owner is a capable coastal sailor, who had
crewed to Bermuda but never ocean skippered.
He is a smart guy and an excellent navigator.

Other crew is his son ~18, who has sailing some
on the other family boat, but is not an avid
sailor.

If you can't make the whole trip, the ocean
leg would be very helpful. Estimated departure
date from Cape May is May 12.

I'm sure he be willing to pay travel expenses
or pick you up and drop you off.

Contact me at
if you are interested.

Bart Senior
Jonathan Ganz

Would he pay for my flight from out here? (Just wondering,
I've got something else scheduled.)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"N1EE" wrote in message
om...
Anyone interested in crewing on a passage
from Annapolis to Rhode Island [somewhere
north of Newport]?

Departure Date: May 10th

Vessel is one of the ocean capable Beneteau
designs ~35 feet.

Owner is a capable coastal sailor, who had
crewed to Bermuda but never ocean skippered.
He is a smart guy and an excellent navigator.

Other crew is his son ~18, who has sailing some
on the other family boat, but is not an avid
sailor.

If you can't make the whole trip, the ocean
leg would be very helpful. Estimated departure
date from Cape May is May 12.

I'm sure he be willing to pay travel expenses
or pick you up and drop you off.

Contact me at
if you are interested.

Bart Senior

DSK

N1EE wrote:
Anyone interested in crewing on a passage
from Annapolis to Rhode Island [somewhere
north of Newport]?

What kind of transportation arrangements?

DSK

N1EE

Shall I give him your email address and you
can discuss it with him directly?

I'd ask for train fare--not the walk on rates,
but the reservation rates. Last time I
delivered a boat to Annapolis I got $200 for
travel, had a fund train ride and met Wm. F.
Buckley on way back on the train.

Bart

DSK wrote

N1EE wrote:
Anyone interested in crewing on a passage
from Annapolis to Rhode Island [somewhere
north of Newport]?

What kind of transportation arrangements?

DSK

Martin Baxter

N1EE wrote:
d met Wm. F.
Buckley on way back on the train.

Now that's a fellow I wouldn't mind sharing an hour or two with.

Cheers
Marty

N1EE

I was familiar with a 65' wooden schooner named
Cyrano that Buckely used to own. We talked about
that some and a book he wrote called "Racing
through Paradise". The book was a smart way to
pay for his vacation on a chartered Ocean 70. He
also wrote about Cyrano in that book.

When I retired from the Air Force I spent a season
teaching sailing out of the Berkeley Marina.
Cyrano had become a liveaboard and was repainted
green. I saw it every day. It had this ugly
figurehead of a man's head with a big nose.

It turns out I saw the boat for sale on eBay and
in Latitude 38 just before I ran into Buckley on
the train. So we talked about the schooner a bit.

I'm sure he appreciated some sailing talk versus
all the politics most people want to talk about.

He was a nice fellow. I enjoyed meeting him.

Bart

Martin Baxter wrote