N1EE

Default Something nice from the land of Oz

With this mapping software you used scanned charts.

http://www.oziexplorer.com/

You can calibrate it for GPS.

I highly recommend it. Development version is
free. Get a copy before they stop giving it
away!

I started scanning charts recently, if anyone
would like copies--mine are in grey scale, on
one disk. I'd be glad to make some when I find
time to get my CD driver installed. Or if someone
will burn copies for the group, I'd be happy to
lend my disk out. My goal is to have every US
Caribbean, & Canadian Maritimes chart.

Bart Senior
Scott Vernon

just when you thought he couldn't sound any more stupid,

"Horvath" wrote

You can buy those, and not have to do any work.

Jonathan Ganz

He's referring to his next boyfriend.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
just when you thought he couldn't sound any more stupid,

"Horvath" wrote

You can buy those, and not have to do any work.

Matt Colie

Can you tell me wht this is better than

GPS Utility http://www.gpsu.co.uk/index.html

With a free nearly full fuctional trial and half the price?

I have used it as intended, but I really value it for storing and
copying waypoint files between different manufactures units.

It works great with a picture of a chart (saves splicing the scans)
taaken with a decent digital camera. Probably so does Ozi.

Matt Colie
www.yachtek.com

N1EE wrote:
With this mapping software you used scanned charts.

http://www.oziexplorer.com/

You can calibrate it for GPS.

I highly recommend it. Development version is
free. Get a copy before they stop giving it
away!

I started scanning charts recently, if anyone
would like copies--mine are in grey scale, on
one disk. I'd be glad to make some when I find
time to get my CD driver installed. Or if someone
will burn copies for the group, I'd be happy to
lend my disk out. My goal is to have every US
Caribbean, & Canadian Maritimes chart.

Bart Senior

N1EE

There is another waypoint program out there, I've
been using.

http://www.tapr.org/~kh2z/Waypoint/

screen shots

http://www.tapr.org/~kh2z/Waypoint/ScreenShots.htm

A good waypoint program is nice to have and good
for backing up waypoints you don't use much.

For example, you can download only the ones you
need for a given trip, and get rid of ones you
won't be using. Makes navigation simpler.

tapr is a fabulous group, with lots of cool stuff.
They are Hams based out of Tuscon who are into
digital transmission modes.

I've been assembling parts to build an APRS
transmitter for the boat. Lots of good info
on this site on APRS. They also sell a few
interesting products.

Bart Senior

Matt Colie wrote