DSK

Default Navigation Question

Scott Vernon wrote:
jax is actually an intelligent person, I don't know why he plays the buffoon
here. Suppose he gets his kicks by it?

There is something seriously wrong with him, or he wouldn't be so good
at "acting" like a human hemorrhoid.

DSK

DSK

Default Navigation Question... jax's diesel expertise

JAXAshby wrote:
10 gallons will go through a finely tuned 10 hp diesel in about 20 hours,

I guess the load & throttle setting don't matter at all when calculating
fuel consumption, eh Jax?

You know almost as much about diesels as you do about lifeline
requirements for racing.

DSK

Thom Stewart

Jax,

A gallon an hour is to high a fuel usage for a 20 hp engine pushing a
Beni. That is about 4 times it actual usage

Prove your manufactures figures. I think you've been caugth in a lie
again. I don't think you have any figures for a 20 hp diesel

The Ole Fart :^) Superior to Jax's Brain

JAXAshby

no, old fart. specific fuel consumption figures for brand new engines
operating under laboratory conditions is about 16 hp for each gallon burned per
hour. You can check the manufacturers' spec sheet if you wish.

Jax,

A gallon an hour is to high a fuel usage for a 20 hp engine pushing a
Beni. That is about 4 times it actual usage

Prove your manufactures figures. I think you've been caugth in a lie
again. I don't think you have any figures for a 20 hp diesel

The Ole Fart :^) Superior to Jax's Brain

DSK

JAXAshby wrote:
no, old fart. specific fuel consumption figures for brand new engines
operating under laboratory conditions is about 16 hp for each gallon burned per
hour. You can check the manufacturers' spec sheet if you wish.

A serious reference will include the BSFC which is 'Brake Specific Fuel
Consumption' which is a measure of how much fuel the given engines burns
when producing a rated brake horsepower.

A good explanation is at

http://www.prime-mover.org/Engines/GArticles/bsfc.html

which BTW also quotes some figures for various types of engines... which
BTW don't agree with your figures, surprise surprise.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

JAXAshby

dougies, you idgit. That is NOT the manufacturer's spec sheet, but rather some
clown's ramblings. This time go check the spec sheets that engine
manufacturers put out.

A good explanation is at

http://www.prime-mover.org/Engines/GArticles/bsfc.html

which BTW also quotes some figures for various types of engines... which
BTW don't agree with your figures, surprise surprise.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

JAXAshby

dougies, you are as bad as cappy at digging around to find some squathead
somewhere posting some tripe to bolster your ill conceived points.

check the manufacturer's spec sheets to see how much fuel a brand new diesel
engine uses under laboratory conditions.

JAXAshby wrote:
no, old fart. specific fuel consumption figures for brand new engines
operating under laboratory conditions is about 16 hp for each gallon burned

per
hour. You can check the manufacturers' spec sheet if you wish.

A serious reference will include the BSFC which is 'Brake Specific Fuel
Consumption' which is a measure of how much fuel the given engines burns
when producing a rated brake horsepower.

A good explanation is at

http://www.prime-mover.org/Engines/GArticles/bsfc.html

which BTW also quotes some figures for various types of engines... which
BTW don't agree with your figures, surprise surprise.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Jeff Morris

OK, the Flywheel Horsepower of the Yanmar 3YM30 is 29HP at 2800 RPM, while
burning less than a gallon an hour of diesel. That's what the engine
manufacturer says in their spec sheet.

Fuel economy at WOT will be closer to the "1 gal/16hp" rate, or if you measure
propeller output you'll be closer to that number. However, when one talks about
"pushing a Benny with a 20hp engine" they really mean running a 2GM20 at 2600
rpm, where its putting out under 8 hp at the prop and burning less than half a
gallon an hour. I have 2 2GM20's that consistently use 0.4 gallons each per
hour.

And besides, the gallons in Britain are 25% bigger.