Michael

Default Five days and counting

Finished some final plans today with the riggers and sailmakers. Changed the
aft stay (with insulators for the future radio installation) design back to
a single all the way down. Finished the method of mast climbing for repairs
and maintenance. Made a slight change to the reefing system. Ordered the
stays'l as it's the only new one. It includes Ole Thom's brailing system.
The others will be replaced next fall. Set up schedule to haul and do the
bottom just before I get back from this trip. Tomorrow off to Seattle and a
visit with yet another .asa poster. We solved the problem of how to make
the stern fold down for trucking or canaling. Figured out a great SCUBA
storage locker. And I learned how to change the Webasco heater to run on
diesel instead of kerosene. Not bad for one day!

Cheers, fair winds, and whatever else your are doing.

Now can anyone tell me the three longest bicycle races in the world?

M.

katysails

How long will you be gone this time out, Michael?

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Michael

120 or the end of June. The union guy asked why I wanted to go out so soon.
I asked him had he looked out the window lately. Vacation in this area in
the Winter? Nuts! July August on a sailboat is one thing. February is a
no go. Plus the ships are running full crew now and then they will have
slowed down. Plus my boat's being worked on and motels cost a lot. Plus. . .
.. I have a budget to deal with . . .

All that means work now . . .play later.

M.

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse