Capt.American

Default Benidect Arnold was a decorated war hero 2

I think we all need to hear more how John F. Kerry hooked up with
Hanoi Jane Fonda when he came back to further his political career.
He liked Vietnam when his hero JFK started the war.

When Nixon was trying to end the JFK's war, Kerry was calling all
Vietnam Vets baby killers. He paraded a bunch of phonies in front of
Congress calling all American soldiers baby killers. They never
actually saw these babies killed but heard about it. Kerry is such a
liar.

He's still a boater and I might vote for him if he publicly apoligises
for acting like Hanoi Jane.

Mo

http://www.drudge.com/discuss/viewTopic.php/10981

Kerry is far more complex than the simple war hero he portrays himself
as.

He became a celebrated organizer for one of America's most extreme
appeasement groups, Vietnam Veterans Against the War. He consorted
with the likes of "Hanoi" Jane Fonda and Ramsey Clark, Lyndon
Johnson's radical former attorney general.

He attended a seminar bankrolled by Fonda in Detroit in February 1971.
Watching 125 self-proclaimed Vietnam veterans testify at a Howard
Johnson's about atrocities allegedly committed by U.S. forces, the man
who would be president later said he found the accounts shocking and
irrefutable.

Operation Dewey Canyon III began on April 18, 1971, when nearly 1,000
Vietnam veterans and people claiming to be veterans gathered on
Washington's Mall for what they called "a limited incursion into the
country of Congress."

The group staged mock firefights on the steps of the Capitol and
Supreme Court and defied U.S. Park Police after the Department of
Justice issued an injunction barring it from camping on the Mall.

Those evil American soldiers: Testifying before the Senate Foreign
Relations Committee on April 23, 1971, Kerry claimed that U.S.
soldiers had "raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from
portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off
limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages,
shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally
ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam."

‘We are not the best': In his testimony, Kerry claimed there was no
communist threat and said: "In 1970 at West Point Vice President Agnew
said ‘some glamorize the criminal misfits of society while our best
men die in Asian rice paddies to preserve the freedom which most of
those misfits abuse,' and this was used as a rallying point for our
effort in Vietnam. But for us, as boys in Asia whom the country was
supposed to support, his statement is a terrible distortion from which
we can only draw a very deep sense of revulsion, and hence the anger
of some of the men who are here in Washington today. It is a
distortion because we in no way consider ourselves the best men of
this country …."

Throw as I say, not as I do: On that same day he led members of VVAW
in a protest during which they threw their medals and ribbons over a
fence in front of the U.S. Capitol.

Kerry later admitted the medals he threw were not his. To this day
they hang on the wall of his office.

The book he doesn't want you to see: When Kerry ran for election to
the U.S. House of Representative in 1972, "he found it necessary to
suppress reproduction of the cover picture appearing on his own book,
The New Soldier. His political opponent pointed out that it depicted
several unkempt youths crudely handling an American flag to mock the
famous photo of the U.S. Marines at Iwo Jima," according to Vietnam
Veterans Against John Kerry.

"Suddenly, copies of the book became unavailable and even disappeared
from libraries. But the Lowell (Mass.) Sun said of the type of person
shown on its cover: ‘These people spit on the flag, they burn the
flag, they carry the flag upside down, [and] they all but wipe their
noses with it in their efforts to show their contempt for everything
it still stands for,'" the New American reported.

Even today it is hard to find this infamous photo and book.

Friendly with the enemy: Kerry's fondness for Vietnam's communist
dictatorship, one of the most oppressive in the world, continues.

As chairman of the Select Senate Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, created
in 1991 to investigate reports that U.S. prisoners of war and soldiers
designated missing in action were still alive in Vietnam, Kerry
badgered the panel into voting that no American servicemen remained in
Vietnam.

"[N]o one in the United States Senate pushed harder to bury the
POW/MIA issue, the last obstacle preventing normalization of relations
with Hanoi, than John Forbes Kerry," noted U.S. Veteran Dispatch.

More extreme than Hillary and Kucinich: Among the White House
wannabes, long-shot Rep. Dennis Kucinich has the reputation of holding
the most left-wing congressional voting record. In fact, this "honor"
goes to Kerry.

According to American Conservative Union, Kerry has a lifetime rating
of 6 percent, compared to 13 for the demolished Rep. Dick Gephardt, 14
for Sen. John Edwards, 15 for Kucinich and 19 for Sen. Joe Lieberman.

Sens. Hillary Clinton and Tom Daschle score 13 percent. Only the likes
of Sens. Teddy Kennedy and Barbara Boxer have more left-wing records
than Kerry. In contrast, Sen. John Breaux, one of the upper chamber's
few remaining moderate Democrats, has a 46.

Drive as I say, not as I do: Like Al Gore and other self-described
environmentalists, Kerry has a radical agenda that would devastate the
U.S. economy in favor of the likes of communist China, yet he enjoys
the gas-guzzling modern conveniences that greens denounce.

However, although Kerry spouts the party line on anti-U.S. ecopolicy,
he doesn't like to practice what he preaches. Kerry was humiliated in
April 2002 when photographed attending a rally against energy
independence and then heading back to his SUV, the symbol of all that
is evil to greens.

Bone to pick: Bush-hating conspiracy theorists find it alarming that
the president, like his father, was a member of the secretive Skull
and Bones society at Yale University. Another alum of this club: John
Kerry.

Waffling on Iraq: Kerry has the tough job of wooing Howard Dean's
anti-war Democrats despite his support of the war in Iraq. His
favorite tactic, claiming the president outfoxed him, doesn't hold up
to scrutiny.

On "Meet the Press" in late August, Tim Russert played a tape of Kerry
addressing the Senate in October 2002 with a hard-line speech
declaring Iraq "capable of quickly producing weaponizing" of
biological weapons that could be delivered against "the United States
itself."

Kerry insisted: "That is exactly the point I'm making. We were given
this information by our intelligence community."

However, as columnist Robert Novak noted, "as a senator, Kerry had
access to the National Intelligence Estimate that was skeptical of
Iraqi capability. Being tricky may no longer be as effective
politically as it once was."

Capt. American
thunder

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:29:01 -0800, Capt.American wrote:

I think we all need to hear more how John F. Kerry hooked up with
Hanoi Jane Fonda when he came back to further his political career.
He liked Vietnam when his hero JFK started the war.

Geez, Kerry sure scares the hell out of you. Bush's reelection doesn't
look like a gimme after all, does it?

Jonathan Ganz

Ah, you missed an opportunity to elevate the conversation... typical
of the freakazoid you are. Instead of farting around with trying to put
down Kerry by claiming that he's war hero who turned traitor, why
not talk about the real Benedict Arnold (and learn how to spell, btw).
If you can't stomach actual non-fiction, try Rise to Rebellion by Shaara.
It's a great book.

Get off your horse before you're either thrown off or even more people
mistake you for the horses ass.

"Capt.American" wrote in message
om...

bs deleted

Jonathan Ganz

Actually, I agree with you in many ways. However, if I have to
choose between the two, I choose Kerry. And, just like Hanoi
Jane, MF is hot (or was).

wrote in message
news
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:37:04 -0500, thunder

wrote:

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:29:01 -0800, Capt.American wrote:

I think we all need to hear more how John F. Kerry hooked up with
Hanoi Jane Fonda when he came back to further his political career.
He liked Vietnam when his hero JFK started the war.

Geez, Kerry sure scares the hell out of you. Bush's reelection doesn't
look like a gimme after all, does it?

I'm a real Democrat, and I have serious doubts that Kerry is electable.

He's got
waaaay too much baggage and skeletons. He can't very well criticize Bush's

war,
the Patriot Act or "no child left behind" since he supported all of them.

He
can't talk about special interests, because he's taken money from all of

them.
Politically and ethically speaking, Kerry isn't all that far from Bush.

Then
there's Morgan Fairchild...

BB

Jonathan Ganz

Well, I hope not. Which pieces of baggage and skeletons do you
think will do him in?

wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:24:19 -0800, "Jonathan Ganz"

wrote:

Actually, I agree with you in many ways. However, if I have to
choose between the two, I choose Kerry. And, just like Hanoi
Jane, MF is hot (or was).

I'd hold my nose and choose Kerry over Bush, too. But it wouldn't do any

good.
If Kerry is the nominee, It's almost a certainty that Bush will get 4

more
years. Kerry is overwhelmingly un-electable.

BB

wrote:

[...]

Capt.American

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message ...
Ah, you missed an opportunity to elevate the conversation... typical
of the freakazoid you are. Instead of farting around with trying to put
down Kerry by claiming that he's war hero who turned traitor, why
not talk about the real Benedict Arnold

Yes lets talk about the other traitor.

Benedict Arnold lost a leg in combat and was decorated by the
Continental Congress. His later activities negated that military
service when he betrayed his country. Why should we judge Kerry
differently than Benedict Arnold?

Capt. American
Capt.American

thunder wrote in message ...
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:29:01 -0800, Capt.American wrote:

I think we all need to hear more how John F. Kerry hooked up with
Hanoi Jane Fonda when he came back to further his political career.
He liked Vietnam when his hero JFK started the war.

Geez, Kerry sure scares the hell out of you. Bush's reelection doesn't
look like a gimme after all, does it?

What scares the hell out of me is how blind the democrats are and how
quick they forget. If Kerry is the best they can come up with GW has
nothing to fear.

Capt. American