Horvath

Default Booming US Economy

Booming U.S. Economy Leads World,

But U.S. Media Reports Only Doom, Gloom

February 6, 2004

Listen to Rush...
(…point out the crock in the media’s assessment of the U.S. economy
and job growth)

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT 12:10 PM ET

RUSH: I've got to start with some economic news. The latest headline,
this is from The Guardian, the UK Guardian, this is not a conservative
paper, "Surging U.S. economy leads global recovery."

"The U.S. economy strengthened considerably in December, leading the
global economic recovery and leaving Europe and Japan behind, said the
Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development today." And then
we go to the next story from the Associated Press, "German
unemployment rate rises to 11%."

"Germany's unemployment rate rose to 11% in January from 10.4% the
previous month" - that would be in December for those of you in Rio
Linda - "as the number of jobless people in Germany rose by 282,000,
according to the state labor office on Thursday."

So you have two interesting headlines here, surging U.S. economy leads
global recovery, German unemployment rate rises to 11 percent. Now, we
go to the Reuters news agency, doesn't matter, Reuters, AP, anywhere
here in the United States, and the headline, "Job growth in January
disappoints." "The U.S. economy created just 112,000 new jobs in
January, far fewer than expected, government data showed on Friday in
a disappointing reported that will likely weigh on President Bush's
reelection campaign."

This is absolute caca! This is the best January in three years, for
crying out loud! You know, I'll tell you what's happening out here,
folks. We are allowing the libs, both the libs in and out of the
media, to take what is great economic news and they're turning it into
a depression so that it fits the America that they have in their
playbook, an America of soup lines, homelessness, desperation, tumult
and chaos out there, and hopelessness. I mean, John Kerry can't run
his campaign without it, nor can John Edwards. Every nation on the
face of the earth would be ecstatic with a 5.6% unemployment rate.
What do you think the Germans would be doing today if they could
report an unemployment figure like that? Remember when Clinton - this
is really funny - remember when Clinton would go over to Europe when
he was president, he'd always say, I'll tell you, I go over there and
the press is saying you're doing so great over there, how come your
press is attacking you, I don't understand it? I said well, they just
don't like me over there because I'm doing good things.

Can you imagine if Bush went over to Europe now? Would the press in
Europe say, Mr. President, your economy is leading the global
recovery. Why are you being so savaged? I doubt that it would happen.
But nevertheless, my friends, this is just getting out of hand. Now I
want to play for you a sound bite today that I captured from CNN this
morning, our old buddy Bill Schneider, who is no longer wearing that
dead animal on his hat. We didn't alert anybody, we just mentioned it,
PETA heard it and PETA must have gotten to him because every time Bill
Schneider shows up he shows up inside now. I think he was working
outside at some politburo-like building in Manchester, New Hampshire
and had that dead animal on his head during the New Hampshire primary.
He's their pollster, political scientist, political analyst. He just
cannot hide his glee here in this report over how bad this economic
news is making it look for Bush.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe
Jonathan Ganz

For a fair and balanced opposing viewpoint, you need to
read Franken's book, "Rush Limberger is a big fat idiot."

"Horvath" wrote in message

tittie drivil deleted

felton

Wow...I wonder why the dollar is at an all time low against the Euro?
I guess those Europeans don't listen to Rush, or they would be dumping
their worthless currency to buy dollars. Then again, as was pointed
out in Franken's book...the world's easiest job...Rush's fact
checker

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 10:09:18 -0500, Horvath

[...]

Horvath

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:49:36 -0800, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

For a fair and balanced opposing viewpoint, you need to
read Franken's book, "Rush Limberger is a big fat idiot."

Did you read it?

"Horvath" wrote in message
.. .

tittie drivil deleted

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe
Donal

"Horvath" wrote in message
snip

Can you imagine if Bush went over to Europe now? Would the press in
Europe say, Mr. President, your economy is leading the global
recovery. Why are you being so savaged?

No! They would say "Mr. President, What do you have to say to the people
who say that you look like a complete idiot?"

He would answer "The idiotification of the United States Presidentarial
office, is a scurrilative attempt at the slanderification of the USA! I
will not tolerificate such abominative rubbish!"

Joe, Capt America, and Jeff would beam with pride. Otn would think that he
didn't have a bad president after all. The rest of the world would roll
around the floor in fits of laughter.

Regards

Donal

Jonathan Ganz

Sure... along with "The Lying Liars and the Lies They Tell."

Both are very, very funny. Amazingly, he was only sued once,
and that was because of the "Fair and Balanced" line. The
judge threw it out immediately.

wrote this crap:

For a fair and balanced opposing viewpoint, you need to
read Franken's book, "Rush Limberger is a big fat idiot."

Did you read it?

"Horvath" wrote in message
.. .

tittie drivil deleted

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

Jeff Morris

"Donal" wrote in message

Joe, Capt America, and Jeff would beam with pride.

Compared to you, Bush is a mental giant. We can almost believe he went to Yale.

Donal

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
"Donal" wrote in message

Joe, Capt America, and Jeff would beam with pride.

Compared to you, Bush is a mental giant.

Ouch!! That hurts!

We can almost believe he went to Yale.

Can you?

Are you under the misguided impression that anybody who went to Yale must be
intelligent?

Really?

Regards

Donal

Jeff Morris

You forget that I grew up in Harvard-land. I have no unrealistic notions about
the entrance requirements of either institution.

But whatever you think of his policies or politics, he was able to get a pretty
good job.