John Cairns

Default South of the BVI

Came on suddenly, probably building up for a while actually, got the
bareboating bug. Have been to the BVI twice, was thinking it might be fun to
charter in the windward/leeward chain. Any suggestions?
John Cairns

SkitchNYC

Came on suddenly, probably building up for a while actually, got the
bareboating bug. Have been to the BVI twice, was thinking it might be fun to
charter in the windward/leeward chain. Any suggestions?

In increasing order of difficulty: Belize (try a catamaran from TMM); St.
Vincent and Grenadines (try Barefoot - see
http://www.usual-suspects-sailing.com/index.html); St.Martin/Anquilla/St. Bart
- try Sunsail or Moorings). All are fantastic and all provide better sailing
than BVI.
Jonathan Ganz

I second that. TMM has a great fleet in Belize. Chartered with them
on a Belize 43 there a couple of years ago... yes, there was a TV on
the boat, but no one watched it.

"SkitchNYC" wrote in message
Came on suddenly, probably building up for a while actually, got the
bareboating bug. Have been to the BVI twice, was thinking it might be fun

charter in the windward/leeward chain. Any suggestions?

In increasing order of difficulty: Belize (try a catamaran from TMM); St.
Vincent and Grenadines (try Barefoot - see
http://www.usual-suspects-sailing.com/index.html); St.Martin/Anquilla/St.

Bart
- try Sunsail or Moorings). All are fantastic and all provide better

sailing
than BVI.

SAIL LOCO

Have been to the BVI twice, was thinking it might be fun to
charter in the windward/leeward chain. Any suggestions?

I'd stick with the BVI's. Anyplace else you have to put up with a swarm of
boat boys everytime you drop the hook. It's like having 20 dirtball Boobsprits
clinging to the side of your boat trying to sell you stuff while 20 more are
trying to steal your stuff.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

SAIL LOCO

Nothing like that in Belize.

That's true. There is nothing and nobody in Belize. I was basicly speaking of
islands south of the BVIs like the subject title suggests.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"
Jonathan Ganz

I was responding to skitch's comment... I've got some friends
who sailed the St. Vincent, Grenadines, etc. and did have a
minor annoyance with people as described, but it wasn't
terrible.

"SAIL LOCO" wrote in message
Nothing like that in Belize.

That's true. There is nothing and nobody in Belize. I was basicly

speaking of
islands south of the BVIs like the subject title suggests.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Bobsprit

I was responding to skitch's comment...

Look Gaypanzy all worried he might have upset Loco!!!

Bwahahahahaha!

RB
frits

"SAIL LOCO" wrote in message
Nothing like that in Belize.

That's true. There is nothing and nobody in Belize. I was basicly

speaking of
islands south of the BVIs like the subject title suggests.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Hi Jonathan,

I sail already for 12 years in the southern caribbean(Martinique
Venezuela) and I think that the Grenadines is just beautiful I
recomend a trip St. Vincent to Union or Grenada really unspoilt.
Check out http://www.islandtimeholidays.com for crewed charter yachts.
Sunny Greetings from the Grenadines.Maria