MC

Default Animals on Board

My view of pets on boats is that Cats are OK but dogs are not unless
considered emergency rations. I was therefore pleasantly surprised to
note that during James Cook's second voyage to the antipodes the crew
were devastated at the death of the ships cat. This same crew happily
consumed the only dog on board and the bones were used to make soup for
capt. Cook who was quite ill at the time.

Cheer

Scout

Yep, I've been told that native Americans used their dogs as
bio-refrigerators. The dogs ate all the scraps and leftovers, thereby
storing and transporting the surplus calories quite nicely until they were
needed elsewhere.
Scout

"MC" wrote in message
My view of pets on boats is that Cats are OK but dogs are not unless
considered emergency rations. I was therefore pleasantly surprised to
note that during James Cook's second voyage to the antipodes the crew
were devastated at the death of the ships cat. This same crew happily
consumed the only dog on board and the bones were used to make soup for
capt. Cook who was quite ill at the time.

Cheer

Martin Baxter

rick wrote:

and this helps explain a lot about the level of development they have
ascended to huh?
rick

"He is correct and your response is so typical of what remains of this NG
You cast aspersions upon his good name you cowardly beast you. you
besmirch his integrity whilst hiding like a child behind the dress of the
internet."

No substitute "their" for "his" in the above quote.

Pots and kettles?

Cheers
Marty

Jonathan Ganz

I have a couple of friends who sailed across the pacific with a dog. It
seemed
to work fine. It was a black lab and they had trouble keeping it on the
boat...
always wanted to take a swim. Cats are probably lower maintenace though.

"MC" wrote in message
My view of pets on boats is that Cats are OK but dogs are not unless
considered emergency rations. I was therefore pleasantly surprised to
note that during James Cook's second voyage to the antipodes the crew
were devastated at the death of the ships cat. This same crew happily
consumed the only dog on board and the bones were used to make soup for
capt. Cook who was quite ill at the time.

Cheer

Scott Vernon

You're talking bait, right?

"MC" wrote...
My view of pets on boats is that Cats are OK but dogs are not

katysails

Scotty surmised: You're talking bait, right?

Sharks love cat meat.

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse