MC

Default BOAT SHOW REPORT.. MC & capsize screen

DSK wrote:

"Discredited"? By whom? Please explain... as of the fall of 2003,
there were a number of offshore races around here that required a
certain CSR for certain classes.

MC wrote:
Really? Such as?

The Annapolis-Bermuda race, for one. There are a couple of
point-to-point SAYRA races where the phrase "CSR will be used as an
indicator of acceptability" but I haven't heard of them booting any
applicants. Of course, nobody has entered a J-30 either.

I was surprised at you assertion so I downloaded a race entry form for
Annapolis-Bermuda but could see the CSR rquirement. Can you find it?
The SAYRA seems to be mostly concerned with inshore dinghy racing.

http://www.sayra-sailing.org/pages/safety.htm

Are you sure about this?

Cheers

DSK

MC wrote
I was surprised at you assertion so I downloaded a race entry form for
Annapolis-Bermuda but could see the CSR rquirement. Can you find it?

Please post the link for the race entry form.

... The
SAYRA seems to be mostly concerned with inshore dinghy racing.

http://www.sayra-sailing.org/pages/safety.htm

Are you sure about this?

Yep... does posting an irrelevant link prove anything? Why not email Bob
Bowden and ask him? Shucks, ask him if he knows me while you're at it.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

MC

DSK wrote:

MC wrote

... The SAYRA seems to be mostly concerned with inshore dinghy racing.

http://www.sayra-sailing.org/pages/safety.htm

Are you sure about this?

Yep... does posting an irrelevant link prove anything? Why not email Bob
Bowden and ask him? Shucks, ask him if he knows me while you're at it.

Well that's all the info I could find. OK, I'll ask him what's his email
and position in the association?

Cheers

DSK

MC wrote:
Well that's all the info I could find. OK, I'll ask him what's his email
and position in the association?

His email is at the bottom of the page you posted a link to, his
position was as SAYRA Safety Officer which is why he posted the
article... didn't you read the page?

At any rate, he was Vice Commodore of SAYRA at one point. He may not
remember me but I bet he remembers two of my boats... ask about a purple
Lightning and a Johnson 18.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

JAXAshby

cray zee you are, dougies. cray zee.

jesus h. crhist dougies! knock it off! that was the worst bull**** I have
EVER seen you come up with!

Considering that I don't need to "come up with bull****" that wouldn't
be hard.

DSK

JAXAshby

ask about a purple
Lightning and a Johnson 18.

boy, *those* are boats for which the capsize ratio is IMPORTANT!! in
determining whether they are allowed to race or not.
Donal

Default BOAT SHOW REPORT.. jaxineering

"MC" wrote in message

DSK wrote:

JAXAshby wrote:

so, making a transom (that doesn't break) 10 times stronger is a

*benefit*?

Sounds like a disadvantage to me. Extra cost, extra weight, slower boat

speed,
all to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

That must explain why there's no such thing as hull speed... structural

strength
can be zero because they never break... that means boats can be

weightless!

Good lord! It's like a discussion with an imbecile.

It was! He was talking to Jax!

Regards

Donal

Donal

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
bye-bye, idgit.

That is the first time that I have ever seen Jax completely TROUNCED.

Congratulations, Doug!

Regards

Donal

Donal

"MC" wrote in message

Good lord.

Very "Bobesque".

Offensive, and yet totally devoid of any real information.

Regards

Donal

Donal

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
ask about a purple
Lightning and a Johnson 18.

boy, *those* are boats for which the capsize ratio is IMPORTANT!! in
determining whether they are allowed to race or not.

You are so boring that I'm wondering if I should get myself a killfile.

Regards

Donal