Donal

Default New Thread

Recently, there have been all sorts of arguments about the CollRegs.

It seems to me that everybody seems to place their own personal
interpretation on the CollRegs.

Sailors tend to think that "power driven" vessels should give way to them at
all times. Powerboaters seem to think that sailors must keep out of their
way in any sort of "lane".

Recently, I noticed that kitesurfers think that everybody should give way to
them because they are "Smaller".

Why can people not take the CollRegs at face value? Joe says that he is
exempt from the CollRegs because small boats should not be there. Jeff
says that Joe is correct, but that Joe is also wrong.

Are the CollRegs supreme, or can we all place our own interpretation on
them?

Regards

Donal

Jeff Morris

Sorry Donal. I'm not going to discuss the with you since you've proven that
you're a cowardly liar.

You also have no understanding of the ColRegs. Go away, grow up, and maybe you
can come back when you discuss things as an adult.

"Donal" wrote in message
Recently, there have been all sorts of arguments about the CollRegs.

It seems to me that everybody seems to place their own personal
interpretation on the CollRegs.

Sailors tend to think that "power driven" vessels should give way to them at
all times. Powerboaters seem to think that sailors must keep out of their
way in any sort of "lane".

Recently, I noticed that kitesurfers think that everybody should give way to
them because they are "Smaller".

Why can people not take the CollRegs at face value? Joe says that he is
exempt from the CollRegs because small boats should not be there. Jeff
says that Joe is correct, but that Joe is also wrong.

Are the CollRegs supreme, or can we all place our own interpretation on
them?

Regards

Donal

otnmbrd

EG The COLREGS are NOT supreme ......Rule 2 says so, and the courts
feel free to interpret, on a case by case basis.

Bobsprit

Sorry Donal. I'm not going to discuss the with you since you've proven that
you're a cowardly liar.

C'mon, Jeff. No need for such talk. I doubt Donal is cowardly or a liar, except
in he pursuit of humor.
Play nice, dickhead!

RB
Jeff Morris

I AM playing nice. I'm going along with Donal's game. I don't think he really
IS a cowardly liar, but for some perverse reason that's the game he wants to
play. Who am I to refuse?

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Sorry Donal. I'm not going to discuss the with you since you've proven that
you're a cowardly liar.

C'mon, Jeff. No need for such talk. I doubt Donal is cowardly or a liar,

except
in he pursuit of humor.
Play nice, dickhead!

RB

John Cairns

OzOne wrote in message ...

Donal, no matter what the regs say, IF you collide with anything you
are always partially responsible.
Know the regs, use them to make sure that any vessel in your proximity
can be fairly certain of what they can expect from you THEN be
prepared to throw the book overboard and take whatever action may be
necessary to ensure your safety.

This seems to be forgotten by almost everyone, and if you are unfortunate
enough be involved in a collision and dragged in to civil court as a result,
you will be reminded of this important fact. That was Nils constant mantra,
as if having the right of way would offer some sort of blanket protection.
John Cairns

Jeff Morris

I'd love to move on - Donal keeps insisting this is about what he thinks I said
two weeks ago.

I think its been a tremendous waste of time, but Donal keeps reviving it.

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 22:03:24 -0500, "Jeff Morris"
scribbled thusly:

I AM playing nice. I'm going along with Donal's game. I don't think he

really
IS a cowardly liar, but for some perverse reason that's the game he wants to
play. Who am I to refuse?

Damn you septics are a funny bunch.
Everything is liars, hate and agression.
You need to mellow!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

katysails

Jeff stated:=20

-- I think its been a tremendous waste of time, but Donal keeps reviving =
it.

Takes two to tango....leave him alone on the dancefloor if you don't =
like the music.

katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Joe

"Donal" wrote in message ...
Recently, there have been all sorts of arguments about the CollRegs.

It seems to me that everybody seems to place their own personal
interpretation on the CollRegs.

Sailors tend to think that "power driven" vessels should give way to them at
all times.

Maybe a liar sailor like you thinks this. Ever hear of a pecking
order?

Powerboaters seem to think that sailors must keep out of their
way in any sort of "lane".

In your yachtmaster dreams maybe

Recently, I noticed that kitesurfers think that everybody should give way to
them because they are "Smaller".

Your smaller

Why can people not take the CollRegs at face value? Joe says that he is
exempt from the CollRegs because small boats should not be there.

LIAR! show me were I said that you dufass redneck. I never said
anything close to that you yachtmaster ****** wanna be.

Jeff
says that Joe is correct, but that Joe is also wrong.

Are the CollRegs supreme, or can we all place our own interpretation on
them?

Your an idiot lanod. Weekend warrior that will never get a grasp on
the colregs. Your a blind navigator sent below.... not worthy of any
other input.

Joe
MSV RedCloud

Regards

Donal

Donal

OzOne wrote in message ...

Donal, no matter what the regs say, IF you collide with anything you
are always partially responsible.

That is my understanding. The rules *do* say that you should avoid a
collision at all costs.

Know the regs, use them to make sure that any vessel in your proximity
can be fairly certain of what they can expect from you THEN be
prepared to throw the book overboard and take whatever action may be
necessary to ensure your safety.

Yup! That is what I was taught.

However, people tend to interpret the rules to suit themselves. We hear
comments like "a kayak has no business in a TSS", or " power gives way to
sail".

regards

Donal

Fine Thread vs Course Thread Gary Warner General 15 June 22nd 04 08:30 PM
Tapered thread thru-hulls ? Trent D. Sanders Cruising 12 March 2nd 04 12:39 AM
Can We STOP IT??? Bobsprit ASA 5 November 21st 03 11:59 AM
Wow, that sponson thread must have pleased Timmy MLL General 0 August 29th 03 09:56 PM