Bobsprit

Default An Orange Julius for Me!

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry
into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It
both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of
war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind
has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the
citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by
patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.
How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar."

- Julius Caesar

Simple Simon

"Beware the citizen who hides his fat ass under the
bed when war comes uninvited to his country for
cowardice is a double-edged sword. It both weakens
the blood as it narrows the mind. But, when cowards
are ignored and from the brave, invaders hear the
swift drums of war and smell the blood of their
relatives spilled on their ground they will know they
are NOT dealing with cowards and weaklings and either
cease what they do or die for it. For this is what George
W. Bush, with the blessings of the citizens of this great
country, has done despite the whining of a handful of
asshole cowards. How do I know? I know for I have
dealt with cowards. I am Simple Simon."

--S.Simon

"Bobsprit" wrote in message link.net...
"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry
into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It
both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of
war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind
has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the
citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by
patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.
How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar."

- Julius Caesar

Anonymous Sender

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the
citizenry
into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged

sword. It
both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the

drums of
war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the

mind
has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the
citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by
patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and

gladly so.
How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar."

- Julius Caesar

I think that's right. Here's a recent newspaper column about the
problem with getting people so whipped up with hate that they lose
their minds.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/4/098743-5314-021.html

Joe

"Alan Gomes" wrote in message news:MJvHb.682888$Fm2.590713@attbi_s04...
See http://www.snopes.com/quotes/caesar.htm. Barbara Streisand also fell for
this wrongly attributed quote.

Alan,

Bobspirt and Barbara are 2 peas in a pod. You have just shown another
example of blobspirts wit and knowledge.

Thanks

Joe

link.net...