Geoffrey W. Schultz

Default Fischer Panda Owner's Forum Shutting Down

I am happy to announce that I have reached a mutually agreeable settlement
with Fischer Panda regarding issues that I have had with my 4.2 kW
generator. Per the terms of the agreement I am required to shut down the
Fischer Panda Owner's Forum located at www.FischerPandaSucks.com. I will
do this on December 28, 2003.

I would like to thank all of the participants of the group. There have
been about 2000 visitors to the site and 86 posts in 29 topics. Quite a
bit of good information was posted, and I would like to suggest to Fischer
Panda that they consider creating their own forum.

I'm about to head off to the South Pacific to begin a circumnavigation, but
I can still be reached by e-mail.

Here's wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season and a Great New Year!

-- Geoff Schultz
www.geoffschultz.org
(delete the "AT" from my return address to e-mail me)
Simple Simon

So your blackmail worked. Congratulations for
making future purchases by those who had nothing
to do with it much more expensive through litigation
and harassment. All because you were too inept to
properly maintain your genset.

S.Simon

"Geoffrey W. Schultz" wrote in message 4.17...
[...]

Steve

"Geoffrey W. Schultz" wrote in message
4.17...
bit of good information was posted, and I would like to suggest to Fischer
Panda that they consider creating their own forum.

Vendor or Mfg's web forums are self-serving.. Just try to pose a question or
comment that might make their product look as bad as it is and see how it is
treated.. (The Cap'n forum is a good example of that.)..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Geoffrey W. Schultz

Thanks for the constructive comments. I always enjoy watching people
sling mud when it's apparent that they know nothing of what they're
talking about. Somehow or another I am able to maintain all of the
other systems on my boat without any problems. It was just this one.

I will also admit that perhaps the cost of the generators will go up as
Fischer Panda has hired a person to perform customer relations. Sarah's
job is to work with customers to make sure that this type of situation
doesn't occur in the future. I'm sorry if my efforts have made it
better for future customers.

-- Geoff

"Simple Simon" wrote in
:

[...]

Grouch

Can you forward the site to me to host? Don't you think other
unsuspecting consumers (suckers) who buy a Fisher Panda should get the
benefit of your research? What is the formula to get Fisher Panda to
roll over? If they would just post it on their website or make it option
"7" on their automated service phone line, everyone would get the royal
treatment like you.

Congrats and happy sailing.

Geoffrey W. Schultz wrote:
[...]

. 204.17...

[...]

Bobsprit

That generator is built by Communist slave labor.

No one in their right mind would buy one.

Why did you?

Blackmail may get your money back, but you are still dim witted for buying
one in the first place. Your website zealotry was merely an attempt
(failure) by you to overcompensate for your obvious inadequacies. A real man
would have taken the loss and thrown that nightmare overboard.

Capt RB, ASA

[...]

Geoffrey W. Schultz

Thanks for reminding me why I stopped reading alt.sailing.asa

-- Geoff

"Bobsprit" wrote in
link.net:

[...]

Bobsprit