Default ASA and politics - or: Why are Bobsprit and Horvath so stupid ?

Well, in case you have been wondering why Bobsprit and Horvath are as
stupid as they appear to be, I have found a plausible explanation.

Bobsprit was invented by the right wing politicians of the US
republican party.
The idea was simple: Create a "person" who knows nothing about the
subject at hand (sailing) who is so obnoxiously ignorant and so ridiculously
focused on the irrelevant things, that anyone with a bit of sense must
conclude that this guy is truly an idiot.
Then make this "person" an ardent agitator of the opponents
viewpoints.
Result: Any sane person who agrees with this "person" would surely
start to question his standings since the question: "How could I possibly
agree with this idiot?" would arise.

As a result of the apparent success of this strategy, the opponent
launched a
similar campaign but with an opposite goal: "Horvath". No one can deny
that this guy is
stupid, and knows surprisingly little about sailing. So, any sailor
who
finds that he might agree with "Horvath" on any political issues will
have
to start questioning his own sanity.

If you measure by shear volume "Bobsprit" still leads in the
standings, but maybe "Horvath" is coming with a sprint?
I hope not. I think we have been polluted enough.

Even if they equal out earth other politically, the sailors are left
with a amount of **** that threatens to destroy the newsgroup.

Lets just hope that the strategy will not explode, so the sailors will
find
themselves completely outnumbered by unreal political spammers.

George of the Seas
(trying to maintain his sanity in the odd world of cyberspace)
Donal

wrote in message
om...

George, I would like to extend a hearty welcome to you, on the occasion of
your first post to ASA. It is always a pleasure to see a newbie of your
intellect join the group.

Well, in case you have been wondering why Bobsprit and Horvath are as
stupid as they appear to be, I have found a plausible explanation.

Bobsprit was invented by the right wing politicians of the US
republican party.
The idea was simple: Create a "person" who knows nothing about the
subject at hand (sailing) who is so obnoxiously ignorant and so

ridiculously
focused on the irrelevant things, that anyone with a bit of sense must
conclude that this guy is truly an idiot.
Then make this "person" an ardent agitator of the opponents
viewpoints.
Result: Any sane person who agrees with this "person" would surely
start to question his standings since the question: "How could I possibly
agree with this idiot?" would arise.

What nonsense! Only a complete idiot could postulate such a vacuuous
theory?

Did you postulate this theory without assistance?

Bobsprit knows nothing at all about sailing, yet he has demonstrated that he
is a shrewd political observer. He can spot a lying politician when he sees
one! I am impressed by this ability, because I cannot spot an honest
politician when I see one.

As a result of the apparent success of this strategy, the opponent
launched a
similar campaign but with an opposite goal: "Horvath". No one can deny
that this guy is
stupid, and knows surprisingly little about sailing. So, any sailor
who
finds that he might agree with "Horvath" on any political issues will
have
to start questioning his own sanity.

Fortunately, I don't agree with Horvath on any political issues at all, so
you will agree that my sanity is intact.

However, I think that Horvath knows quite a bit about sailing. I'm
convinced that he bought a Hunter so that he could take advantage of the
PHRF that accompanies its dreadful sailing performance.

Once again, George, I would like to extend a welcome to you.
You share an initial with one of our more respected regulars. That is a
good omen!

Regards

Donal

katysails

It is always a pleasure to see a newbie of your
intellect join the group.

HOTMAIL ALERT! Sure you're not talking to yourself, there, Donal? =
Anyone posting with a hotmail address to a Google ng source instead of a =
ng server is suspect.
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

The_navigator©

Good post, bad jungle jingle.

Cheers MC

wrote:

George of the Seas
(trying to maintain his sanity in the odd world of cyberspace)

Donal

"katysails" wrote in message

It is always a pleasure to see a newbie of your
intellect join the group.

HOTMAIL ALERT! Sure you're not talking to yourself, there, Donal? Anyone
posting with a hotmail address to a Google ng source instead of a ng server
is suspect.

I knew who I was talking to.

Honestly!

Regards

Donal

katysails

I knew who I was talking to.

Honestly!

I figured you did.
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Donal

Captain William Collin, Master of the barque Grimenza wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 00:26:14 -0000, "Donal"
scribbled thusly:

I knew who I was talking to.

To whom I was talking Donal!

Probably!