Simple Simon

Default The homey smell of fresh varnish.

Been doing a little touching up of some of the wood trim and
structure in my fine yacht in the high wear areas. It's looking
good and the smell is intoxicating.

Can you northerners even work on your boats when it's below
zero, with roads blocked by snow and the yards not shoveled?

Bwahahahahahahahahahaah!

S.Simon

JN

"wood trim"?, "WOOD TRIM"??? ............ BRIGHTWORK, boy, BRIGHTWORK !!!!!

You Stinkin' Lubber!

Cypo Gippo

"JN" wrote in message
. ..
"wood trim"?, "WOOD TRIM"??? ............ BRIGHTWORK, boy, BRIGHTWORK

!!!!!

You Stinkin' Lubber!

His handle is 'Simple'

felton

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:41:04 -0500, "Scott Vernon"
wrote:

"Simple Simon" wrote ...
Been doing a little touching up of some of the wood trim and
structure in my fine yacht in the high wear areas.

your cedar bucket?

His peg leg.
Scott Vernon

"Simple Simon" wrote ...
Been doing a little touching up of some of the wood trim and
structure in my fine yacht in the high wear areas.

your cedar bucket?

Jonathan Ganz

Well, he's not that bright.

"JN" wrote in message
. ..
"wood trim"?, "WOOD TRIM"??? ............ BRIGHTWORK, boy, BRIGHTWORK

!!!!!

You Stinkin' Lubber!

katysails

Been doing a little touching up of some of the wood trim=20

If you had a real boat you;d have more than a little trim...you'd have a =
wood interior with quality joinery, not a plastic tub for its' oleo =
owner...

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

katysails

roads blocked by snow and the yards not shoveled?

I can't remember a time in recent history when the roads have been =
blocked by snow. They dump enough chemicals on the roads and have large =
enough plows that that is never a worry anymore except for maybe a few =
hours after a large snowfall. As dor unplowed yards, most working yards =
plow and most people do work some on their boats in the winter. We =
usually bring home stuff like teak grates, etc. and varnish in the =
workshop. I've been doing some work on the Butterfly out in the barn, =
sanding down the repair from where someone at the infamous ex-marina =
holed it.

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

katysails

Say...isn't this the person that was complaining last week of the =
overabundance of kitty hair all over his boat? His brightwork must =
really look like crap when he's done....textured teak....mmmm-mmmmm.....

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

John Cairns

Well, let's see. I like the smell of freshly varnished wood, but not in my
house! When I have BRIGHTWORK to refinish, I hang it from the ceiling in the
GARAGE, so that it doesn't stink up the house, and dust doesn't settle on it
as it's drying. The intoxicating smell you're referring to is just that,
read the warning labels on the can, or have you been huffing the stuff?
Should we start calling you "bags"? I knew someone years ago that they
called "bags", I finally asked why, they explained that he used to sniff
glue.
John Cairns

Fresh Water Tank Lou Cragin Cruising 6 December 8th 03 08:23 AM
inventing a different kind of fresh water engine flush C. Sadler Boat Building 7 December 5th 03 04:11 AM
new can for Z-Spar Captains 1015 varnish? paul martin Boat Building 0 September 29th 03 10:24 AM
Hippo Oil varnish fc Boat Building 0 September 13th 03 07:13 AM
The mythology of varnish Don White General 0 July 21st 03 03:37 PM