Simple Simon

Default OT- Gore Claims Dean Tricked Him into Endorsement

Gore Claims Dean Tricked Him into Endorsement

(2003-12-09) -- Former presidential candidate Al Gore
this afternoon said he was tricked into endorsing Howard
Dean and had intended to back his former running mate,
Senator Joseph Lieberman. Mr. Dean allegedly imitated
Mr. Lieberman's voice in a late night phone call to Mr.
Gore, and invited him to Harlem to announce his
endorsement.

"By the time I realized that I wasn't endorsing Joe,
I was already there at the podium with Howard," said
Mr. Gore. "It was embarrassing, but there was nothing
I could do about it. The press was already all over it."