Scott Vernon

Default My Christmas list

Now that boob has got you all pitying me, it would be a good time to post my
Christmas wish list.

handheld VHF
new main sail
brass oil lamp
dock lines
140% RF genny
fiddle block w/cleat for main sheet
sunglasses
case of squirty cheese
3 blade feathering prop
new chart for Chess. Bay

send to:
Scott Vernon
Plowville PA __/)__/)__

PS; don't forget to include the sales reciept.

Bobsprit

handheld VHF
new main sail
brass oil lamp
dock lines
140% RF genny
fiddle block w/cleat for main sheet
sunglasses
case of squirty cheese
3 blade feathering prop
new chart for Chess. Bay

Man, that's a pricey list!

RB
Bobsprit

$5400+/-, Scotty,what % of your boat value is that? grin
Get the prop and the cheese. The rest is optional

I think the VHF is more likely to be put to good use than the cheese.

RB
Scott Vernon

108%

"Marc" wrote ...
$5400+/-, Scotty,what % of your boat value is that?

Simple Simon

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message ...
Now that boob has got you all pitying me, it would be a good time to post my
Christmas wish list.

handheld VHF

I have one already.

new main sail

I have one already and a new jib to boot.

brass oil lamp

I have one already.

dock lines

I have no use for dock lines - those are for lubbers.

140% RF genny

Only a fool would want one of those.

fiddle block w/cleat for main sheet

I have one already.

sunglasses

I have REVOs. And I have Ray Bans - Both pairs cost over 200 bucks each.

case of squirty cheese

Trailer park trash food.

3 blade feathering prop

My three blade prop causes no drag because it is out of the water
completely when I'm sailing.

new chart for Chess. Bay

Why? I have one of those and never use it. Who even wants
to sail that ugly, polluted body of water.

S.Simon

Thom Stewart

Scotty,

As a suggestion, forget about the 3-Bladed Prop. for your boat. A
2-blade folding is really all your boat can really handle. That 3-Blade
will make backing in anything but a circle impossible.

Leave the three Blades to the crab crushers. Your boat doesn't have
enough wetted surface.

Ole Thom

SAIL LOCO

fiddle block w/cleat for main sheet

For your operating pleasure do a Harken ratcheting fiddle for the mainsheet.
You can ease the main in a breeze without setting your hand on fire.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport
Thom Stewart

Hey Simian,

New Main; If you do a normal amount of sailing, with those Hong Kong
bargains you'll be asking for new sails by next Christmas

Docking Lines;

If you had a proper Yacht with fuel tanks, a proper Head/ holding tank,
If you ever sailed up to a Yacht Club Dock you might stand a chance for
that hot babe in the V-berth; but you would need docking lines to do
those things

Fiddle Block/ cleat for Main Sheet

Isn't that how you got that customG shaped Boom?

Sunglasses

I have two pair of Sunglasses Smoked and Amber that are the equal of
yours and both pair cost me $22.00
Scotty, I'd like to suggest you go the your Eye Doctor and check
out the SUN SHIELD glasses. They are funky looking but are the equal of
the expencive models plus the are equipped with side shields

Donal

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Scotty,

As a suggestion, forget about the 3-Bladed Prop. for your boat. A
2-blade folding is really all your boat can really handle. That 3-Blade
will make backing in anything but a circle impossible.

Why? ...... Prop walk???

I've got a two bladed folding prop which sits in the garage because it
really wasn't much use. It doesn't have any "grip" and it won't push the
boat along at more than 4 kts in any sort of chop.

Before reading your post, I had assumed that a three bladed folding prop
would be much better.

Regards

Donal

International Maritime Black List IMBL General 0 February 25th 04 01:51 PM
canyon waiting list obdave General 1 February 7th 04 08:16 PM
An off-topic Christmas Wish John H General 32 December 30th 03 05:52 PM
Merry Christmas A Christmas gift to everyone.. Mudi Electronics 0 December 21st 03 08:44 AM