The_navigator©

Default Turn to port or staraboard?

Booby swears this is a turn to starboard:

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/sailsuz21.jpg

I say it's a turn to port from the wake and he's trying to cover his
silly mistake not knowing port from starboard (as a lubber he thinks
starboard is always on his right hand no matter what direction he's
looking). I also say I've hooked a BIG one that doesn't know it's beaten!

Cheers MC

Bobsprit

Booby swears this is a turn to starboard:

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/sailsuz21.jpg

Yup, look at the wave action (wake confuses you!) on the starboard side). It
shows this quite clearly. A turn to port would put the sun astern, ruining it.
The aft wake shows a gradual push upwind, but here's altered for the pic.
Even when it's explained he can't fathom it! But he knows how sails "behave!"

RB
The_navigator©

Bwhahahhahaha. That's what I said. You luffed by going to PORT.

Cheers MC

Bobsprit wrote:

The aft wake shows a gradual push upwind, but here's altered for the pic.

Bobsprit

Bwhahahhahaha. That's what I said.

Nope. Not what you said. You can't read any better than you can sail!

Bwahahahaha! Fish/barrel/shot!

RB
The_navigator©

I see you've lost your argument but still claim a victory? A childish
game. You used to do better. Here's the picture you took first:

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/tuesday.jpg

Look at her hand on the wheel, the head sail set and the wake and tell
me you turned to starboard in

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/sailsuz21.jpg

I just landed a whale!

Bwhahhahahahaha

Now tell us the other 11 mistakes

Cheers MC

Bobsprit wrote:

Bwhahahhahaha. That's what I said.

Nope. Not what you said. You can't read any better than you can sail!

Bwahahahaha! Fish/barrel/shot!

RB

Bobsprit

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/tuesday.jpg

Look at her hand on the wheel, the head sail set and the wake and tell
me you turned to starboard in

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/sailsuz21.jpg

Bwaahahahahahha! You just can't read. We turned to starboard for the pic, not
over the previous 1/2 hour! We also went to port many times the day before!
You are really shoveling it now! Don't worry, I got my boots!

RB
SAIL LOCO

Booby swears this is a turn to starboard:

Nothing is as it seems in the matrix.

S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

steering question Scott Cruising 7 July 23rd 04 12:49 PM
Which way does a boat turn? JAXAshby Cruising 61 April 5th 04 05:36 PM
push vs pull vis a vis rudders JAXAshby Cruising 146 April 2nd 04 01:57 PM
Turn $6 into $60,000 in 90 days, chris furka General 0 March 1st 04 06:54 AM