Donal

Default Australians' disgusting behaviour

"The_navigator©" wrote in message

After measurement you will have to remeasure it's position and at at
that moment it does not occupy an infinite numer of positions. Do you
see it now -that the wave function collapses on measurement means that
the information conetent is finite.

I can see that you would understand that the information content would be
finite for any given measurement.

I was wondering about the number of potential measurements that could be
taken in a second.

I suspect that any given second can be broken down into an infinite number
of "sub-seconds", and therefore, there are an infinite number of different
predictions about the electron's position in any given second.

Take the number of seconds that have existed over the last 15 billion years,
and combine that figure with the number of electrons in the *known*
Universe, and then you try to quantify the information about the spatial
position of each electron -...

Do you still maintain that you have any serious amount of knowledge?

Regards

Donal

The_navigator©

Donal wrote:

"The_navigator©" wrote in message

After measurement you will have to remeasure it's position and at at
that moment it does not occupy an infinite numer of positions. Do you
see it now -that the wave function collapses on measurement means that
the information conetent is finite.

I can see that you would understand that the information content would be
finite for any given measurement.

I was wondering about the number of potential measurements that could be
taken in a second.

Good idea but that's finite too because making a measuremnt requires
energy and the energy content of the universe is finite...

I suspect that any given second can be broken down into an infinite number
of "sub-seconds", and therefore, there are an infinite number of different
predictions about the electron's position in any given second.

Take the number of seconds that have existed over the last 15 billion years,
and combine that figure with the number of electrons in the *known*
Universe, and then you try to quantify the information about the spatial
position of each electron -...

Do you still maintain that you have any serious amount of knowledge?

Define "any serious" in Mbytes and I'll tell you.

Cheers MC

Donal

Donal wrote:

"The_navigator©" wrote in message

After measurement you will have to remeasure it's position and at at
that moment it does not occupy an infinite numer of positions. Do you
see it now -that the wave function collapses on measurement means that
the information conetent is finite.

I can see that you would understand that the information content would

be
finite for any given measurement.

I was wondering about the number of potential measurements that could be
taken in a second.

Good idea but that's finite too because making a measuremnt requires
energy and the energy content of the universe is finite...

Good grief! Are you suggesting that facts cannot exist unless they have
been observed?

When a new fact is discovered, does it only come into existence *after* it
was obseverd?

Did humans need oxygen to survive before we knew that gasses existed at all?
Was the Sun at the centre of our Solar System when man still thought that
the Earth was the centre of the Universe?

Why do you try to equate facts with our ability to take measurements. Facts
exist independantly of observation.

I suspect that any given second can be broken down into an infinite

number
of "sub-seconds", and therefore, there are an infinite number of

different
predictions about the electron's position in any given second.

Take the number of seconds that have existed over the last 15 billion

years,
and combine that figure with the number of electrons in the *known*
Universe, and then you try to quantify the information about the spatial
position of each electron -...

Do you still maintain that you have any serious amount of knowledge?

Define "any serious" in Mbytes and I'll tell you.

Humans think that they are intelligent.

We are not very bright at all. We've had about 700 generations since we
lived in caves, and it looks like we will make the planet uninhabitable
within 100 years, or we will blow ourselves to bits.

I offer you a (rough) quote from Douglas Adams. "Man thought that he was
more intelligent than the dolphins, because all they did was swim around and
play. The Dolphins thought that they were more intelligent for exactly the
same reason."

Regards

Donal
--

Cheers MC

Scout

I've been purposefully vague with them regarding the details of
posting. Honestly though, it's more an act of self-preservation.
Scout

"Simple Simon" wrote
Spare us, please have mercy.

S.Simon

God help us all if they start posting, lol.